The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I suspect the Tories will go with offering their withdrawal deal as a guarantee of Brexit happening, then parking their bus in parts of Labour's territory with public spending increases but without the whole nationalisation thing and it'll be enough.

I think you could be right, but that alienates almost half the country if you take the referendum results at face value. It depends where those votes go. 

Plus with Johnson and Farage banging on about no deal has meant a proportion don't think his deal is good enough and will vote Brexit Party, therefore leading to a split in that vote. Its a long way to go anyway... 

On 30/10/2019 at 12:45, tonyh29 said:

it's an interesting gamble , I mean one way or another everyone is talking about Brexit  ... I'm not hearing people by the water fountain talking about NHS waiting lists  or how long it took them to see their GP  

I have never waited to see a GP. I can always get an appointment on the day, if you don't mind seeing a junior doctor that is

Do people really have to wait or are people actually waiting to see the GP they are registered with? I am registered with a Dr Wright at my surgery and I have seen him once in 17 years

I have seen him about 50 times at the golf course though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KHV said:

I have never waited to see a GP. I can always get an appointment on the day, if you don't mind seeing a junior doctor that is

Do people really have to wait or are people actually waiting to see the GP they are registered with? I am registered with a Dr Wright at my surgery and I have seen him once in 17 years

I've had a chest infection for 4 weeks. It got worse as I couldn't see my GP. I rang and a doctor called me back, I then saw a nurse practitioner who gave me a nose spray. 3 days later I was admitted to hospital. I'm still not well.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, KHV said:

My missus needed to see the doctor last week, earliest appointment she could get with any doctor was 2 Weeks later. In the end she went to the walk-in centre in Erdington and they told her to go A&E.

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

Apparently not, it would seem.

I'm guessing that means that any time that a news outlet might have been given to interview him will be given to an actual candidate instead.

I'm sure that'll happen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lp_villa830 said:

My missus needed to see the doctor last week, earliest appointment she could get with any doctor was 2 Weeks later. In the end she went to the walk-in centre in Erdington and they told her to go A&E.

The walk in centre there is my nearest one. I'm registered at the Hawthorn Surgery on Birmingham Road and can always see a GP on the day. Takes a while to get through on the phone which would be my biggest complaint

8 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I've had a chest infection for 4 weeks. It got worse as I couldn't see my GP. I rang and a doctor called me back, I then saw a nurse practitioner who gave me a nose spray. 3 days later I was admitted to hospital. I'm still not well.

No emergency on the day appointments? 

21 minutes ago, KHV said:

I always wonder about these emergency GP appointments. It has to be in the window between slightly more serious than a normal doctor appointment but not an actual emergency where you’d go to hospital.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Nurse practitioner only, prior to that none. 

My temperature went to 42 degrees and I was rushed in, only then was I put on antibiotics. Right now, as I sit here, my chest is only letting me breathe at maybe 60% its norm - and the situation is worse as I have asthma. My doctors has 1 doctor in all day and most appointments are (quite rightly) taken up by the elderly. 

Edited by avfcDJ
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Nurse practitioner only, prior to that none. 

My temperature went to 42 degrees and I was rushed in, only then was I put on antibiotics. Right now, as I sit here, my chest is only letting me breathe at maybe 60% its norm - and the situation is worse as I have asthma. My doctors has 1 doctor in all day and most appointments are (quite rightly) taken up by the elderly. 

Hope you feel better soon.

Going OT but over here you can walk into an urgent care clinic on the street and see a doctor within about 10 mins. Once you've coughed up your copay (mine is $20) and they've made sure your insurance is going to give them a hefty wedge they will pretty much prescribe you what you want.

I'm asthmatic so I keep course of strong antibiotics and steroids at home in case of a chest infection (especially if I'm traveling.) I just tell them I won't be taking it unless I get really ill and they write the script.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Hope you feel better soon.

Going OT but over here you can walk into an urgent care clinic on the street and see a doctor within about 10 mins. Once you've coughed up your copay (mine is $20) and they've made sure your insurance is going to give them a hefty wedge they will pretty much prescribe you what you want.

I'm asthmatic so I keep course of strong antibiotics and steroids at home in case of a chest infection (especially if I'm traveling.) I just tell them I won't be taking it unless I get really ill and they write the script.

Thanks mate 💪

I wish I could get antibiotics! As I said, I still don't feel well, but not only have they refused to prescribe more, but I put in a prescription for new inhalers the other day and it was refused as I have to wait another 4 days before I can request them. Duty of care, eh?

I called the doctors last week and asked for more antibiotics, a doctor called me back later that afternoon and said it can't be done over the phone - offered me an appointment with the nurse practitioner, I accepted as I needed something - antibiotics, steroids, and yet when I got there it was the same NP who gave me a nose spray instead of medication before. She said "chest infections can last 3 weeks and we don't like to give out antibiotics too often, go home and rest, inhale steam."

I've had this for (from the very start) 6 weeks, hospitalised on the 10th October. So 3 weeks and one day after I had symptoms building and probably inflated due to their lack of care.

I've given up now. My girlfriend was laying on my chest last night and said it's rattling really bad, but I won't go back, I've tried. I've been ignored. 

And this is political. Most people might have seen a slight decline in the NHS, but here it's worse. 

My dad almost died because the hospital here missed a simple issue three times. It was only when he collapsed into a pool of blood and was flown 20 miles that it was discovered to be a simple issue causing massive problems - a missed cyst opening  wound - and caused a vein to rupture. Three times he was told to go home and rest. Familiar?

He went down to under 7 stone and we were told.to say our last goodbyes, beginning of November 2018. Luckily, stubbornly, he pulled through thanks to the magic of a working NHS hospital. 

A lady up the road from me, I used to shop for her, she died last year. She was refused new inhalers (familiar?). She was 80, died of an Asthma attack 3 days later.

Her case, and my dad's case, are being looked at by the NHS for any wrongdoing - my dad got a letter recently.

Maybe I'm next.

So this is political. When people here refuse to back Labour which might out the Tories in, that's why I get passionate. Sure, some people will lose £2,500 a year, or maybe £500.

Others will lose their lives.

Edit: people can back who they like, seriously, but I'm not sure people know how bad things are in some areas. (It's **** awful here!)

Edited by avfcDJ
  • Sad 2