The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

despicable from the tories, despicable from the floppy haired maggot, and despicable that 40% of the country will go wandering into the booths fingers in their ears and vote for this excremental, cowardly slime

So true.  I genuinely don't understand why people vote for the Conservatives - literally anyone at all.

I also don't understand how Corbyn is so disliked compared to Johnson.  I just don't get it.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, from a conversation I had yesterday evening with a group of people I thought I knew really well, people are just cool with Johnson. Yes, he might be a compulsive liar and he might be a generally horrible person but they haven’t really given any of that any thought. It doesn't stick for some reason. Of the people I was chatting with over a coffee, one was voting tory because ‘Boris is nicer’ and one was voting tory because their main concern was the NHS. To be fair, even the suspected actual regular tory voter in the group (plays a lot of golf) just stared at her slightly open mouthed when she said that.

Voting tory to protect the NHS was a genuine new one on me, I don't think I'd ever heard anyone ever suggest that before.
People aren’t that interested and have been told by their fave media that it would be racist chaos under labour and that’s all they need or retain.
I’m actually quite relaxed and resigned to it right now. Perhaps it will lead to something bigger and better in the long run.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m actually quite relaxed and resigned to it right now. Perhaps it will lead to something bigger and better in the long run.

I tentatively have this feeling too.

The pendulum has to swing our way eventually doesn't it? **** me.

out of darkness... hmm. I suspect we're heading into a perpetual blackhole of nothingness. I just have to trust to the rhthyms of history people change their tune, but the seismic shift in media reach and power doesn't give me much hope. Woe betide any politician who expresses sympathy for a functioning society funded by the public. 

Edited by Rodders

35 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I tentatively have this feeling too.

The pendulum has to swing our way eventually doesn't it? **** me.

Well, maybe.  But more likely that with a majority the Tories will continue to gerrymander and game the voting system in their favour.  See introducing voter ID.  All from the Trump/GOP playbook.  With Labour having lost Scotland and being pretty much unable to get a majority we will either have decades more Tory governments or things will have got so bad that we're all buggered anyway.  [That's the spirit!]

Anyway - sure I'll say it again but make sure you vote early on Thursday.  All to easy to go out for a drink this time of year and forget to vote / miss the cut-off.  Vote early > go to work > drink (or other vice of choice) and pray enough people have realised how bad this could be.  You never know, we might wake up on Fri 13th to the news Johnson, Raab, Redwood and more have lost their seats.

30 minutes ago, Rodders said:

johnson losing his seat would be such a glorious consolation prize with a tories win, I'd almost take that deal now

They would just trigger a by-election in a safe seat, Tory would stand down and Johnson would win

It's not worth it

Oops

The British diplomat in charge of explaining Brexit to the US government, Congress and public, has resigned, saying she was no longer prepared to “peddle half-truths on behalf of a government I do not trust”...

"I have been increasingly dismayed by the way in which our political leaders have tried to deliver Brexit, with reluctance to address honestly, even with our own citizens, the challenges and trade-offs which Brexit involves; the use of misleading or disingenuous arguments about the implications of the various options before us; and some behaviour towards our institutions, which, were it happening in another country, we would almost certainly as diplomats have received instructions to register our concern,” Hall Hall wrote in the letter, dated 3 December...

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

So true.  I genuinely don't understand why people vote for the Conservatives - literally anyone at all.

I also don't understand how Corbyn is so disliked compared to Johnson.  I just don't get it.

It’s because he isn’t loud and brash, media friendly, and dare I say it, because he looks like any other old bloke.

I’d say a good portion of public opinion these days is based on nothing more than image, nothing else matters.

41 minutes ago, peterms said:

Oops

At least there are some honest folks left in the country. 

Heard a lot about getting Brexit done not heard the phrase trade offs once. It’s crazy how little regard the political classes have for democracy. I fear they/we or possibly both will be in for a big reckoning. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I’m surprised people thought Johnson was woke enough to use a phrase like ‘people of colour’.

If he did, I suspect it would be "People off-colour", ie those with a funny tinge about them.