Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's just a weird argument. He has played all the time, and two of those were against Norwich I guess? Where he also missed a penalty? 

You are making it sound like scoring goals from open play in this Villa side is a miracle or something. We are a lot better and capable of creating chances than you make it sound. 

Wesley is once again **** awful. A targetman that can't bully, harass or bring the team up the pitch. And don't give me that crap about him not being a targetman, but a false nine. He is just rubbish at leading our frontline. 

That's the worry for me, not just not scoring.

2 minutes ago, deeps said:

Davis has done more than Wes. Sorry but he has. 

No need to apologize.  Wes has an awful game.  Games like this really exposes the flaws in his game.  

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yup. Surprised it wasn't mentioned at all. Was a clear foul imo. 

We didn’t really protest. Nakamba should have been screaming at the ref, maybe it would have forced VAR to have a look. 

And then decide against us anyway, obviously. 

Edited by Michelsen

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wesley has scored 4 in open play. Just leaving that out there 

Wesley is the better option when we have a lot of the ball. He can find good positions and finish chances. 

Min matches like this he’s actually not great as a traditional ‘target man’ and Davis offers us more. 

I agree that Davis deserves to start.  Maybe letting Wes know he has to prove himself better and fast will be good for him.   On the other hand.... I'm not sure I would start a young guy who still needs to build confidence against liverpool.

• Like 1