Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wesley has scored 4 in open play. Just leaving that out there 

It's just a weird argument. He has played all the time, and two of those were against Norwich I guess? Where he also missed a penalty? 

You are making it sound like scoring goals from open play in this Villa side is a miracle or something. We are a lot better and capable of creating chances than you make it sound. 

Wesley is once again **** awful. A targetman that can't bully, harass or bring the team up the pitch. And don't give me that crap about him not being a targetman, but a false nine. He is just rubbish at leading our frontline. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wesley has scored 4 in open play. Just leaving that out there 

I'm well aware of that, and I have defended Wesley up until probably last week, but the bad currently outweighs the good , and yes I'm aware that goals are the most important thing, but we have goals all over the pitch. If we had someone more effective up top I argue we would have more.

Wesley I still believe will develop, but we don't have the luxury of him starting while he does it IMO.

Davis all round game is currently much better.

Also again, the constant reminder of Davis goal record is a farce, he has literally played the last 15 - 20 mins of most games. If he has gotten on AT ALL that is.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

De bruyne given the goal, everyone was clearly onside when he put the ball in. If there were no other touches it doesn't matter where sterling ended up

The replay i saw looked clear that sterling was off side at the moment of deBruyne's touch using the cm is a cm in VAR offside decisions that seems to be the standard.... But maybe you are right in what the VAR thought.  It's kind of the only interpretation that makes the goal allowable.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Not surprised we lost, but did expect us to score one or two :(

If you EXPECT us to score one or two away to Citeh you are setting yourself up for disappointment my friend. 

• Thanks 1