Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

I’m still mind blown about that offside decision with Sterling.

So if one of our players wants to shoot we can all stand in front of the GK in offside positions but as long as we all do the matrix to dodge the ball it’s not offside? Or is it just another VAR call not in Villas favour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Took Davis about a minute to have more of an impact than that limp dick Wesley.

I don't like the anti-Wesley pile on we get every other week, but you're right. Wesley looks poor in games like this where he doesn't have players around him.

I'd actually like to see Kodj get a crack.

Just now, LondonVillian said:

city fans start signing when they  3-0 up will always be a tin pot club can't buy class.

The mad thing is, when they were down in league one etc, they packed out their ground and were really loud. Money buys success but loses the soul.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

VAR

What a bag of shit

It seems clear sterling interfered with play and was in an offside position whether silva hit it or not.  Interfering with play is the standard... touching the ball is not required...VAR has cost us repeatedly.  is it a failure of the system?  or are we just not lucky and it will even out?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, penguin said:

I’m still mind blown about that offside decision with Sterling.

So if one of our players wants to shoot we can all stand in front of the GK in offside positions but as long as we all do the matrix to dodge the ball it’s not offside? Or is it just another VAR call not in Villas favour.

Spot on

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Contrary to everyone else I think we’ve been very poor. 
We looked resigned to defeat, no closing down, players jogging about. Poor. 

To be honest Jim.....We have things going on in our game that need improving, when we win.......but get glossed over because we win.

We are not ready for teams like City and Liverpool.

There is much work to do, just hope they don't give up, because that is not acceptable.

its ok to take your game to them, if you have players like Vardy and Barnes up front..... we don't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Either do i. We competed with the 3bst team in the country for 45 minutes at their gaff.  I'm happy with that 

I’d hardly call it competing, it was backs against the wall and they would have had at least two goals were it not for poor finishing. 

6 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I’m clearly biased but how is Sterling not interfering with play there. Heston can’t see the ball

im not that bothered as we’re not going to win this anyway

really looking forward to later in the season when a few dodgy VARs go our way

get Jack, Wes and Trez off now and give Davis, AEG and an other on

De bruyne given the goal, everyone was clearly onside when he put the ball in. If there were no other touches it doesn't matter where sterling ended up

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

De bruyne given the goal, everyone was clearly onside when he put the ball in. If there were no other touches it doesn't matter where sterling ended up

Sterling was offside from the free kick, wasn't he? Looked that way to me.

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The same Norwich that beat this Man C 😂

The Norwich team we played were as I say diobolical and if they had played Citeh on that day they would have probably lost 20 - 0.