The *new* VT Meet up thread

Ingram85

As discussed prior in a separate thread, it may be a good idea to start up a semi regular meet up for anyone here who wants to increase their social circle. People can use this thread to arrange meet ups for largish groups or whatever really. I and a few others would definitely like this to be a semi regular thing but I'm wary of organising anything proper until I can get a better idea of the numbers of people who would be interested.

It would be the usual stuff i.e drinks, food, both etc... then expand that as it goes along to villa matches, days out, various events and whatnot.

The idea is to get as many people interested as possible so there is enough arranged that I'd you cant or dont want to go one time, there will be another time coming up where you can make it. If we can get a good number of people going then if people dont want to go there are still enough going to justify it. Then the people who didnt go the week/month before can go next time and someone else might not make it bit we still keep the numbers up. Does that garbled sentence make sense?

Is this a good idea? To begin with can anyone interested just let me know in here? Or is this something better done via DM's? 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

We used to do an impromptu "Hello" at the back of the Holte before matches , think @rjw63 home-made bhaji's killed everyone off though :)  , though more realistically it was Alex McLeish as it was about that time people stopped coming to matches...

Before that i used to meet a few down the Barton Arms on match days , was always a half decent pub for a pre match catch up

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think you (rather than 'we', as I'm unlikely to attend) need to distinguish between pre/post match meets (which will be all talking about Villa) and 'Off Topic' meets, where you can talk about anything EXCEPT Villa. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Before that i used to meet a few down the Barton Arms on match days , was always a half decent pub for a pre match catch up

*Quick run the shandy drinkers coming* er what, oh bugger :trollface:

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

*Quick run the shandy drinkers coming* er what, oh bugger :trollface:

i was thinking there was a pattern  , robo even went off to watch non league football rather than risk bumping into me :)

• Haha 2

The original intention I guess was to literally provide a place to discuss social meet ups away from organising meet ups at/after villa matches which should be probably arranged in the match threads/sub topics. 

I'm coming back from Uncle Bulgaria at Christmas. Was planning to go to the boxing day match but would cancel that for an Irn Bru and a rusty trombone behind an old kwik save with any of you lot.

But seriously, yeah I'll be around. 

Â