The *new* VT Meet up thread

Ingram85

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

There was also another one at Wembley when me, blandy, Pelle and Tegis (and possibly Al and Aston, Ian Robo - memories blur) met up in Harrow before a game

Yep, plus Drat and Tony too and a few more I think, though the memories all blur into one.

On 07/11/2023 at 19:02, bickster said:

Grrrrrrr!

So I've been thinking on this pehaps more than I shoud have bothered, (it's not knowing about the reason for the shocked reaction really :D ) but it's been a rainy week nailing tiles on and I've had the time. Even had a chat with MrsVM about it. But It's obviously not about a law of averages nor is it a probability puzzle, we considered chaos theory, but in the end we went for dunno. So what is it, the doing something a million times incorrectly but inadvertantly doing it right one time?

20 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

So I've been thinking on this pehaps more than I shoud have bothered, (it's not knowing about the reason for the shocked reaction really :D ) but it's been a rainy week nailing tiles on and I've had the time. Even had a chat with MrsVM about it. But It's obviously not about a law of averages nor is it a probability puzzle, we considered chaos theory, but in the end we went for dunno. So what is it, the doing something a million times incorrectly but inadvertantly doing it right one time?

What people refer to as the law of averages is some silly idea that because the outcome they don’t want has happened a lot then the outcome they do want is bound to happen. It's bollocks, the chances of that outcome are the same every single time.

See also sunk cost fallacy

• Like 1

Â