Pre match thread

Tomaszk

This is must win today for smith. One win at home all season is unacceptable.

I would have tore strips off the lads for that last 5mins capitulation against norwich. What was McGinn doing? What was Mings doing? What was heaton doing? disgrace.

The team picks itself no tinkering is necessary.

Not sure what to expect from Brighton as they destroyed spurs. However so should have we.  But brighton and hove albion at Villa Park should be a formality. Thier badge is a seagull ffs! Thier stadium is named after a credit card. They are the unacceptable face of capitalism

I go to Villa Park in a bit in expectancy I want some champagne football today. With ruthless finishing.

Edited by screwdriver
spelt their they're - correct now

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I would take a hard fought 1-0 grind out win today. Would love something more convincing but Brighton are a strange side that could pull something out of the bag. 

Agreed.

3 points is all that matters, but it would be nice to see that we have built on that impressive performance against Norwich and that we have found our preferred 11 and way to utilize our best players.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm here now!

Wanted to post a photo, but it's far too big to send from the phone.

Edit: I mean at Villa Park. The text without the photo wasn't all that descriptive...

Enjoy pal, must be a heck of a day for you and hope the result makes it extra special :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I would have tore strips off the lads for that last 5mins capitulation against norwich. What was McGinn doing? What was Mings doing? What was heaton doing? disgrace.

The team picks itself no tinkering is necessary.

Not sure what to expect from Brighton as they destroyed spurs. However so should have we.  But brighton and hove albion at Villa Park should be a formality. Thier badge is a seagull ffs! Thier stadium is named after a credit card. They are the unacceptable face of capitalism

I go to Villa Park in a bit in expectancy I want some champagne football today. With ruthless finishing.

You passing Villa park to get on the m6 up to Leeds?

44 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm here now!

Wanted to post a photo, but it's far too big to send from the phone.

Edit: I mean at Villa Park. The text without the photo wasn't all that descriptive...

Enjoy your day :) & if we lose it's obviously your fault so don't come back for another 40 years ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I did consider adding trolls to the block list, buts it's comedy gold. 

Tear strips off a team that just won 5-1 😉😉:crylaugh:

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I did consider adding trolls to the block list, buts it's comedy gold. 

Tear strips off a team that just won 5-1 😉😉:crylaugh:

Unacceptable capitulation from 5-0 to 5-1 away. Unforgivable today if we lose, Smith out in that case. We should be aiming to be in the top 3 after today or it's a **** disgrace.

spacer.png

Big game today with some tough games to come after this, five of our next six games are against sides that finished in the top 7 last season with four of them away. So I do feel we have to win the game, particularly being at home. We have plenty of firepower but they have threats of their own as spurs found out and our defence needs to be better than it has been recently. I’d take a 1-0 win in all honesty, but hoping it’s more comfortable than that. 

UTV