Pre match thread

Tomaszk

interested rubbing hands GIF

Looking forward to this one.  Unfortunately, depending on coverage in Canada, I may not be able to watch it.  Fingers crossed though.  Confident of a home win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

interested rubbing hands GIF

Looking forward to this one.  Unfortunately, depending on coverage in Canada, I may not be able to watch it.  Fingers crossed though.  Confident of a home win.

You should try DAZN. Every PL game is shown on there live and on demand for a week. You can watch it from any device too.

Whilst Saturday was glorious, we are Aston Villa after all and this will be a very tough game. I'm hoping that we will be more suited against the likes of Brighton who will actually try and attack us than your Burnley's who will sit back and look to nick a point. Our League Cup victory last month bears no relevance to this encounter.

• Like 1

Despite the malfeasant frustration of an International break, the Norwich result will hopefully instil a bit of confidence now and prove to be a platform upon which to build a little momentum. If so, and we can beat Brighton, we might just be able to stop repetitive bummings in the following 'hard' fixtures. To use the cliché, every game is hard and there are no real 'gimmes' in the top flight. You've still got to produce the beans whoever you play - or, as Norwich found, you'll ship 5 against a 'team like Villa.'

I've seen enough to believe that we have a great chance against Brighton... Assuming no injuries or jet-laggery, I'd go with the same team that started against Norwich and see how they fly.

May the Force be with Villa once again.

Tickets arrived - can't wait for this one, should be an entertaining game with both sides in confident mood with fantastic results at the weekend.

Same team as Norwich (Injuries aside) - I think 99% will agree with that! 

My (Liverpool supporting) mate just said to me we will win this 3-1 with Maupay scoring 1st goal for them -  I have a feeling it will be a desmond with us behind, then in front, only to concede again.

Hopefully he's right and I'm wrong. I think the key to victory will be our defensive display, we can't afford to be shipping in silly goals, cut out the mistakes we will be fine because going forward we have proved we have the tools to hurt teams.

• Like 1

So far we’ve won 2 in 8, which is obviously 25%... which in the end with a few draws would get us to the mythical 40+ points. 
This is probably the easiest of the next 4 games, so a win here would really take the pressure off the next three (Man City, Wolves, Liverpool). If we don’t win this one I could probably see us going 4 without a win. 

I think we can beat Brighton, they’re a good side but if we play like we know we have the ability then we should see them off.

• Like 1

Would start the same team as against Norwich. You don't drop anyone involved in a battering imo. Think we have a good shot here but Brighton have had a good start. Think we'll edge them now that we're showing better signs.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:41, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side would be: 

Heaton 

Guilbert Engels Mings Targett

McGinn Nakamba Luiz

Trezeguet Wesley Grealish 

Bench: Steer, Elmohamady, Konsa, Taylor, El Ghazi, Lansbury, Davis

An assist and a goal for CH and not even on the bench?

On 08/10/2019 at 06:43, Kiwivillan said:

My first and only live game was Newcastle down 1-0 at HT to Michael Owen goal. Then Carew scored hat trick and Bouma only PL goal(?). Hope you have similar experience

Who will be taking on the starring role of Marlon? Big Kei? Little Trez? Maybe even tiny Doug.