Pre match thread

Tomaszk

On 06/10/2019 at 12:52, AVTuco said:

I'll be there. I've been a Villa fan for 40 years, and this will be my first ever live Villa game.

I am already nervous.

Wow.....where are you coming from?

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t , for me Trézéguet is a much more natural footballer

Just in case I doubted my eyes Hourihane shits all over him in just about every relevant metric in appearances averaged this season. Specifically Trezeguet gets dispossessed an awful lot

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just in case I doubted my eyes Hourihane shits all over him in just about every relevant metric in appearances averaged this season. Specifically Trezeguet gets dispossessed an awful lot

I’ll be amazed if you still have that opinion at the end of the season

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Be a tough one, this.

It's one of those annoying ones when you're scrapping at the bottom. 

A point for them will likely feel a bigger reward than it is for us.

This is a must win. Right now, I think we will.

Targett for MOTM.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Got a good feeling about this game which is never a good sign. Looking forward to it mind

yes, that excited anticipation that comes from no game in ages, to it suddenly being the very next day. All the hopes, and expectations and then we're a man down and 2-0 down by half time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I just don’t think he’s good enough for this level, he’s our weak link. The only thing he offers us is his set pieces

He really splits opinion.

For me, he could start as a "10" in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4(diamond)-2 or in a midfield three if we are expecting to have more possession, otherwise he is an impact sub.  He doesn't do enough out of possession to keep out Henry or Dougie L against good sides.

14 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

He really splits opinion.

For me, he could start as a "10" in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4(diamond)-2 or in a midfield three if we are expecting to have more possession, otherwise he is an impact sub.  He doesn't do enough out of possession to keep out Henry or Dougie L against good sides.

In my opinion, Hourihane is a cdm and the fact that Smith brought in two players in that position speaks volumes for Hourihane, that’s just my opinion

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, Hourihane is a cdm and the fact that Smith brought in two players in that position speaks volumes for Hourihane, that’s just my opinion

His best game for us was the 4-2 defeat of Norwich at Villa Park a few years back when he played off Davis and got a hat trick.  He knows where the goal is!

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hourihane a cdm?, I assume that's central defensive midfielder?

Normally cdm is clear, but I'm a bit confused that anyone would think that's his best position?, so just double checking you meant that?

11 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

His best game for us was the 4-2 defeat of Norwich at Villa Park a few years back when he played off Davis and got a hat trick.  He knows where the goal is!

He’s a natural cdm for me, that’s his best position, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was first out of the door in January 

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Hourihane a cdm?, I assume that's central defensive midfielder?

Normally cdm is clear, but I'm a bit confused that anyone would think that's his best position?, so just double checking you meant that?

Yes, that is what I meant, do you disagree?

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, that is what I meant, do you disagree?

ok cool, just wanted to make sure thats what you meant.

Yeah i disagree 100%, to the point of shock, but we are both entitled to our opinions :)

• Like 1