Pre match thread

Tomaszk

Four very tough games coming up after this.

City, Liverpool and Wolves x2.

So we really could do with winning this. Be goals at both ends no doubt. 

I'm feeling a stomach churning 4-2 win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smg said:

They have just hammered Spurs so we will have to defend better than today and hope we can finish our chances.

I watched the game and think the result flatters them a bit, Spurs were shocking. We can beat them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I watched the game and think the result flatters them a bit, Spurs were shocking. We can beat them.

100% agree,  Spurz were knocked sideways from the 1st goal onwards.  Never in it after that.  I am sure we will beat these.

10 hours ago, zab6359 said:

They don’t tend to travel too well either

Yeah, you can't drop anyone after the Norwich result. I'd like to see Luiz start alongside Nakamba at some point but Hourihane was brilliant yesterday and it'll be the same team against Brighton I'd have thought. 

They got a good result against a dire Spurs team but we've got to be targeting another three points here and I think we'll do it. Don't see us getting much from the three games after against City, Liverpool and Wolves (two of them away), but having seen Wolves beat City today and Newcastle beat Man U just about anything can happen in this league. 

30 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yeah, you can't drop anyone after the Norwich result. I'd like to see Luiz start alongside Nakamba at some point but Hourihane was brilliant yesterday and it'll be the same team against Brighton I'd have thought. 

They got a good result against a dire Spurs team but we've got to be targeting another three points here and I think we'll do it. Don't see us getting much from the three games after against City, Liverpool and Wolves (two of them away), but having seen Wolves beat City today and Newcastle beat Man U just about anything can happen in this league. 

I dont think its beyond the realms of possibility to get 4 points from City, Liverpool and Wolves games.

I'd start

Heaton

Guilbert---Mings---Engels---Targett

McGinn---Nakamba---Hourihane

El Ghazi---Wesley---Grealish

So basically, the team that started against Norwich :) 

I'd still like to see Douglas and Trezeguet get a good amount of minutes too.

If we keep the confidence going into this game, it may be more of a contest, but I think we'll come out victorious, Villa Park crowd in full support does wonders.

I'll say 2-0. nice clean sheet for ourselves.  :flag: 

Can't really change a side that's just had 20 odd attempts and scored 5 goals! 

(Unless they pick up knocks for their country) **** hate international football, words removed 

• Like 1

On 07/10/2019 at 00:52, AVTuco said:

I'll be there. I've been a Villa fan for 40 years, and this will be my first ever live Villa game.

I am already nervous.

My first and only live game was Newcastle down 1-0 at HT to Michael Owen goal. Then Carew scored hat trick and Bouma only PL goal(?). Hope you have similar experience

• Like 3