Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Really good team performance, formation is working well and we have plenty of bite in the middle. Been very impressed with Marvellous again.

One disappointment, Wesley again... Don't want to be harsh but he doesn't deserve his place right now, I struggle to see what he offers. I've never seen such as tall and physical striker look so weak and never threaten in the air. His movement is non existent :(

Hope we keep this up, always feels like we only have one good half, and only takes one incident for our heads to go down and put ourselves under pressure. Lets get a 2nd but you can never be surprised if we end up losing 2-1...

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’d be a really good side if we had a decent striker. 

Wesley looks poor. Nakamba - Great. McGinn and Grealish causing all sorts of problems. Targett and Guilbert offering good width.

We’re the much better team but need to get another. Mings is making me nervous lately. 

Agree with all that.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Wes looks laboured, he’s not reading the game at all. Get on your toes and attack crosses, look for runs from midfield and makes space for yourself.

Laboured is kind. He is looking abysmal and embarrassing himself with theatrics. Even Burnley players are in Jack's ear about it. It is bloody embarrassing.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

if I had to pick man of the half, it would be hard to choose, but I might just take marvelous, not as obvious as jack, john or anwar, but amazingly clean, moving the ball quickly and accurately to a teammate with good space and options, consistently.  Best DM half I've seen from any Villan since Stan.

I think he reminds me of Gueye. I agree though he has mopped everything up and moved the ball around beautifully. Very clean indeed.