Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

With a more mobile forward we would be 5 goals up. I refuse to get on Wesleys case so early in his career but he needs to step up quickly. It also shows we dropped the ball in the summer leaving us very short up top. 

Targett offers us greater width and options and Jack being given more forward free role. Nakamba looks a really good acquisition and he is busy today.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Yeah but why does VAR never go our way??

Have it even happened once?

this one isn’t a case of it going one way or the other, I’m pretty sure the linesman would have flagged in a game played without the technology. like i said earlier, be mad about the 2 other injustices because they were actual errors, not bad luck.

Just now, PaddytheVillan said:

If Davis had played as  many minutes as Wesley, would he have scored 2 goals? And done more to help other players? Quite possibly. 

maybe not two goals, but surely some assists. I think he plays better with the team from what I've seen from him so far, but you never know. I'm not ready to rule Wesley out just yet but I haven't been very impressed so far.

Just now, PaddytheVillan said:

If Davis had played as  many minutes as Wesley, would he have scored 2 goals? And done more to help other players? Quite possibly. 

Not sure he'd scored more goals, but he might have helped the team to score more.

Kinda has to give the £25m striker time thou, even thou he's looked not at all great.

If you look at the ‘as it stands’ table it shows what a mockery the grip of fear surrounding fans at the moment. There is so little between teams. A couple of wins will propel us up the league. Surprisingly Norwich now in a relegation spot. When do we play Watford?

Dunno about you but I've a warm fuzzy feeling having Hourihane back in the side, knowing every set piece has a chance. Good stuff from everyone so far. El Ghazi has the bit between his teeth. Mings needs to focus a little. He's been slightly erratic. Just see this out now guys. So far we're showing exactly what Burnley are. Unspectacular and workmanlike. 

• Like 2