Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

Nothing is a must win this time of the season. Still, Crystal Palace is the type of team we should aim to beat, since it might turn out to be a six-pointer.

I get it mate :)

At some point Smith will have to think about altering that formation. Grealish is wasted playing so deep and unlike in the championship he doesn’t get any opportunities to get forward behind Wesley resulting in a huge gap there. In games like this they should try to play more narrowly and get another player in the center with Grealish allowed a little bit more freedom.

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

trying my 81/82 shirt for the second half   Lucky Euro shirt from last week not working.

Seriously as said we need to make some changes, before this nutter send some one off, have to get Wes into the game and Jack is wasted where he is playing. Still think Palace are there for the taking if we up the tempo

Thanks for reminding me, I wasn't kitted up.

Just put on my Mellberg Rover from 03-04 jersey.

• Like 1

We're lucky  to still be in the game. However I  can't imagine Crystal Palace can keep the pace up second half. I think we'll be better then. Need one or two changes at half time. Players need to respond to the physicality.  However the referee is giving our players a difficult environment to perform in, truly terrible ref. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just got home. 4 yellow cards to us. wow. 

Kevin Friend the referee? Guess we've played fairly poor? Who's the stand outs poor and good?

Poor: everyone.

Good: no one.

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

At some point Smith will have to think about altering that formation. Grealish is wasted playing so deep and unlike in the championship he doesn’t get any opportunities to get forward behind Wesley resulting in a huge gap there. In games like this they should try to play more narrowly and get another player in the center with Grealish allowed a little bit more freedom.

Grealish is only deep because collectively we have been because apart from a couple of spells of good possession we've been giving it away.

Not sure we shoudl panic, we might need to protect a couple on yellows so that's two early changes, and we just need to move the ball quicker and not give it away and get some confidence back. Still in this.

Elmo, Hourihane and El Ghazi could replace three of the four currently on bookings - but I'm not sure any of them could change the game.

He'll send one off sooner rather than later for the best part of f**k all and there will be angry scenes.

Nine man Villa in battling 0-0 draw.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just got home. 4 yellow cards to us. wow. 

Kevin Friend the referee? Guess we've played fairly poor? Who's the stand outs poor and good?

Heaton good

Jota, Luiz very bad

Everyone else poor