Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

We look like we're terrified to put in a tackle. It's letting them have space and time - we look really worried about this ref.

It would be worth it for the big fat physio to spark him at half time - we can have a game of football in the second half then.

Can you blame them? This utter rocket polisher of a ref is booking them for breathing at the moment.

• Like 1

I was at the Everton game last week. I said i thought Douglas's workrate and bravery on the ball was pretty poor but nobody wants to listen amidst the euphoria of a 2 nil win. He looks bare minimum so far and doesn't kill himself.

Thank **** it's half time.

Shocking ref, but a very, very poor performance from us, and I think we're very lucky to still be in this game. Probably forced in to some subs just to try and finish with 11 men.

• Like 2

I was at the Everton game last week. I said i thought Douglas's workrate and bravery on the ball was pretty poor but nobody wants to listen amidst the euphoria of a 2 nil win. He looks bare minimum so far and doesn't kill himself.

I'm sure Kevin Friend waved away a penalty appeal for us once at the Bridge when John Terry virtually volleyball spiked the ball. 

He's always been inexplicably biased against us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwoktolai said:

4 bookings to 0 so far. I'm not watching but are we as dirty as **** or just ref being a super bellend

We really aren't. Friend is being a bellend.

Worst tackle in the half was by Zaha. Kayoute should have been booked early for standing on the free kick, Milawotsit should have been booked for his second, or third, or fourth foul on Grealish - instead they have nothing and we're the ones left playing the second half on eggshells.

If he was refereeing both sides the same way, there would have been eight or nine bookings in that half and Palace would be down to ten.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We look like we're terrified to put in a tackle. It's letting them have space and time - we look really worried about this ref.

It would be worth it for the big fat physio to spark him at half time - we can have a game of football in the second half then.

All of this but the likes of Trez & Jack aren’t trying to beat their man, always looking for the pass instead of taking people on. We’re lacking aggression in attack. 

It's a shame that when we did get possession, we were generally fouled and then wasted our set pieces. When the reverse happens, Palace look more dangerous and our player gets a booking. Friend is a knob. 

We're struggling to get Wesley into the game but at least we're not just lumping it to him. We're playing poorly but I'm at least glad we're not reverting to aimless balls up to him like previous Villa sides would. 

Hopefully Dean can make some tweaks at half time, and the players are a little less sloppy after the restart. Think the break will do us good as we were looking weaker as the half went on. 

2 minutes ago, kwoktolai said:

4 bookings to 0 so far. I'm not watching but are we as dirty as **** or just ref being a super bellend

The latter.

Just like every other time he's been involved in one of our games.

So poor so far. Not got in any rhythm and the ref is making us terrified to put in a tackle.

Agree that AEG needs to be on instead of Jota. Disappointed with Douglas Luiz, though maybe a bit harsh to single him out when everyone else has been equally poor.