Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

I thought we looked comfortable Palace havnt had any amazing chances. They just lump it into the box 1980s style.

The one issue is the ref... an utter joke.

Palace are getting away with persistent fouling yet we are picking up yellows like confetti for the slightest misdemeanor.

• Haha 1

Poor so far. We are guilty of always taking the safe option. Very disappointed with Jota and Luis so far. Wesley poor but little service, Trez poor but looks to be trying. 

We are really really short of creative quality on the bench

Zaha quiet but is a different class. They would be a poor team without him

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Half time nil nil so still up for grabs, we have been poor but we are the away side, this is how it goes sometimes.

Nakamba and Anwar on for me.

If only Nakamba made the squad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were dogshit but I don’t think it can be underestimated just how much a referring performance like this can affect the game. Gives them the impetus to aggressively press, leave a bit on the player and come in late because they aren’t getting punished for it.

Whilst our players will be terrified to challenge for the ball. He needs to be investigated.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Exactly why we don't have to win this. It would be good to win this, but not absolutely necessary.

Nothing is a must win this time of the season. Still, Crystal Palace is the type of team we should aim to beat, since it might turn out to be a six-pointer.

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am always dismayed when I see that it is this referee.

This guy definitely has something against us.

Seems like that yes. However, I think most of our yellows were justified. But they could've gotten a couple too.

• Like 1

trying my 81/82 shirt for the second half   Lucky Euro shirt from last week not working.

Seriously as said we need to make some changes, before this nutter send some one off, have to get Wes into the game and Jack is wasted where he is playing. Still think Palace are there for the taking if we up the tempo

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Exactly why we don't have to win this. It would be good to win this, but not absolutely necessary.

Nothing is a must win this time of the season. Still, Crystal Palace is the type of team we should aim to beat, since it might turn out to be a six-pointer.

Watching this first half I don't think Dean Smith will be very happy, we have let them get at us and in some cases rip us apart by easy dispossession.

Palace are managing to close us out very early, we need to be thinking faster and not allow them to mark us out so easy, something has to give or we will go behind and lose.

I would bring Nakamba on, his passing at this rate could prove to be the answer we need.

As it stands we are on four bloody yellow cards and palace are on none, thanks to the ref. Some fouls were rightful yellows but a couple were questionable considering when there players have done similar tactics, palace have gotten away with it. Yeah I'm not liking this ref and because of it we now need to be very careful unless Smith makes three very early first half subs which might not be a bad idea at rhis rate.