Cameron Archer

Zatman

As one of very few players we'll be able to put in any future Europe match day squad as a "club developed player" I think we'll keep him, or sell him for a very high amount.

Only two better strikers in the champ per minute played, and they're both over 27 and in their prime.

We paid nearly 30m for Watkins who'd never done anything in the PL. And that was 3 years ago now. The inflation since is crazy. If we sell him for less than 30m I'll be shocked and disappointed.

Honestly though, I think we'll keep him as I don't think many clubs would meet the asking price we'll set. Just because it's all FFP profit, doesn't mean we accept less than the market says he's worth. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 2

Something we will never know, but if we had kept him this season I just wonder how many goals he would have scored, considering how many chances we have created which have been wasted, since Emery came in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Archer better than Ollie at feeding off nothing?

No but he’s better than Buendia when he gets it in the box.

Whether he gets it in the box or not without Buendia on the field is another debate.

• Like 1

I just think he would have been a better option than Duran at this stage of their careers.  We had a chance of Europe but the lack of a goal threat other than Watkins I think has cost us. 

20 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Something we will never know, but if we had kept him this season I just wonder how many goals he would have scored, considering how many chances we have created which have been wasted, since Emery came in.

If he hadn't gone on loan I don't think he would have developed into what he's become. Particularly as we've gone out of cups so early. Just wouldn't have got enough minutes. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Archer better than Ollie at feeding off nothing?

Its a good point.

I think JV its as much about synchronisation, as anything.....strikers knowing when to run, and midfielders knowing when to pick them out.....both have a responsibilty to make it work.

but how can a midfielder, make THAT pass, when he keeps being taken out, they have to pass and move better and quicker, to resist it.....We are simply too slow, and get clattered out of the game, so everything just shuts down and everyone looks poor.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

If he hadn't gone on loan I don't think he would have developed into what he's become. Particularly as we've gone out of cups so early. Just wouldn't have got enough minutes. 

The fact that boro tried to buy him and were told where to go suggests that its exactly why he went on loan. He can do the goalscoring bit which is the hard part , but he wasnt really assisting and not brilliant with his back to goal. Both of those things have changed , still can struggle with holding the ball up but his ability to create chances has improved beyond belief. 

Even if he had stayed with Ings leaving he would not have got the experience needed. 

Is he good enough for us.?  Absolutely. Will the luck of the gods happen for him . Remains to be seen. 

Agbonlahor would have never got a chance if there hadnt been a striker crisis

Barry might have never got the games if Unsworth hadnt done a u turn. 

Its luck sometimes . 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, PaulC said:

I just think he would have been a better option than Duran at this stage of their careers.  We had a chance of Europe but the lack of a goal threat other than Watkins I think has cost us. 

I think so too paul

• Like 1

Eleven goals and six assists in nineteen and a half games at Championship level is some going to be fair to him.

Such a shame about Ramsey's injury as was looking to be course for double figures himself, but Carrick said that he's having treatment with and them, so I think that's an indication that he might have at least an outside chance of playing some part int he play-offs, as if he was ruled out completely I don't think he would be having any treatment at all with them, would just return to us.

• Like 1

I think we'd be mad to let him go without at least giving him a chance in the PL next season.  You just know if he's sold during the next window he'll go on to have a great season with Boro or one of the other teams either promoted or in the play offs.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Screenshot_2023-05-08-17-20-17-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.85d5d8907a8a948c41eaa2329e45271a.jpg

Absolute madness how great a finisher he is. And ehs really stepped his game up in terms of his shot creation, interplay, hold up play and dribbling. 

Right. How quickly can we sell him? 

Â