Cameron Archer

Zatman

45 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I think he needs to force a move from the club. Gerrard would want him gone too
I'd take 10 million right now. 

I really don't. He will get minutes and games, over the course of the season. I really don't like the idea of players forcing moves and that is even more the case, when it is away from us.

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Tbf hes barely kicked a ball this season, can't blame carsley here.

I believe Brewster (who has been brought into the squad) has only had 2 league starts and was substituted early both times, other than that he's had a few minutes coming off the bench. That doesn't quite tell me that he's done enough to force himself into Cameron's spot yet, but I am biased;).  

Edited by John

3 hours ago, John said:

I really don't. He will get minutes and games, over the course of the season. I really don't like the idea of players forcing moves and that is even more the case, when it is away from us.

I believe Brewster (who has been brought into the squad) has only had 2 league starts and was substituted early both times, other than that he's had a few minutes coming off the bench. That doesn't quite tell me that he's done enough to force himself into Cameron's spot yet, but I am biased;).  

Its a difficult one. You play so well in the Championship that your manager names you in the Premier league squad. And then when minutes are limited you are dropped from the England u21s.  Shame but understandable. 

That said he was a goalscoring machine in the summer and you would have thought that with an emerging talent like him Carsley might have made an exception. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1

How come most other clubs including the sky scum teams are not afraid of playing young players in the first team?

Yet we seem to have had some wonderful young players recently but they never get the chance to shine in the first team.

So sad to see Archer not being given first team minutes on the pitch. Even a cameo 5 mins at the wet spam game he showed more intent and movement than most of the Villa players......give him a chance let him show us what he can do best - score goals.....!!

• Like 1

We had the chance to let this kid come into the season flying after a really good end to last season, either getting regular time here, on back out on loan. Instead he's got what, 15 minutes after 8 games. He didn't even get a run out against Bolton.

Remember people being happy about the 5 sub rule because it'd give us a chance to give the kids more minutes? He's gone out on loan, proved himself, and come back to play less football than he had this time last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I think putting a kid as the focal point of a misfiring team with a tetchy fan base is a great idea!

Should have been loaned out if we don't trust him to play more than 5 minutes at a time.

• Like 1

Â