Cameron Archer

Zatman

19 hours ago, turvontour said:

Is that 4 goals in 7 games for Preston?

Surely he wont be out on loan again next season.

He'll get a proper chance next season, don't worry about that.

I think it's the correct call to loan him out even if our results have dipped. Seen countless times in last decade us chucking in talented young players who lose their way when our results go south so rather he's out now and showing his quality for top half championship club who have outside shot of play offs.

We are at long last using the loan market intelligently given we've also moved Kesler up a division mid season.

• Like 2

The loan is perfect, we won’t give him a proper chance here. He needs starts. The goals he scored at league cup gave him a huge boost. Now his form in the Championship made him wanted by many. Not to give chances but to use him. 
It’s how to make us needing to use those youngsters rather than giving them the odd minute here or there. 
He’ll come back like a new signing. For me I didn’t doubt Davis ability at all and I would still like him back. For Archer, earlier the season I saw his form and I wanted him to have chance. But now I feel he’s another level. Without his luck with loan and league cup form he wouldn’t have had a chance in the Championship this season. Now he’s writing his name. 

He’s doing great at Preston but I don’t understand how he can go from scoring 4 goals in 26 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring 4 goals in 7 matches in The Championship for Preston? That suggests that there isn’t that much of a jump in quality between the 2 divisions. I am delighted that he recently signed a new 4 year contract here. I hope that he is given an opportunity in our first team when he returns from his loan but of course there is lots of competition in his position here. He has a great knack of being in the right place at the right time in the opposition’s penalty area, something that cannot be taught. He has a poacher’s instinct, a real natural talent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s doing great at Preston but I don’t understand how he can go from scoring 4 goals in 26 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring 4 goals in 7 matches in The Championship for Preston? That suggests that there isn’t that much of a jump in quality between the 2 divisions

More a case of him improving

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s doing great at Preston but I don’t understand how he can go from scoring 4 goals in 26 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring 4 goals in 7 matches in The Championship for Preston? That suggests that there isn’t that much of a jump in quality between the 2 divisions. I am delighted that he recently signed a new 4 year contract here. I hope that he is given an opportunity in our first team when he returns from his loan but of course there is lots of competition in his position here. He has a great knack of being in the right place at the right time in the opposition’s penalty area, something that cannot be taught. He has a poacher’s instinct, a real natural talent

it's possible play him different roles, or not play his strength to area or ideal finisher, tactical issues, play of style until he play for cup due villa force play him in cup as Davis injury and we play space to finisher with good player creative around him.

suddenly other club notice this and ask for loan and play his strength that might reason better explain why both different, record ratio goal/games. Preston they have good creative behind him.

I'm believe levels Nation League or Championship even Premiership is don't matter what level for striker, it is about for defender and midfielder, forward is required level, not for striker really.

as long your good at finisher and good off the ball running, and position right time (make sure in front defender or in channel), strength to hold ball when required, Intel play to outwit defender think and position area to defend to force solo focus on him rather focus ball and him. beat defender by pace any level can better player, it is creative job to give u ball to right area to finisher, with huge confidence, (<--which Watkins lack at moment) this striker job. simple job. Forward and Striker is different breed. Archer show you this, he can do so we should play him.

Looking at Barry did to Liverpool not matter lack experience. Like Vardy he come from low level - fleetwood, Leicester see him this his strenght area that why vardy play level between 2 or 3 division big jump and do nothing make different for him.

I think we shouldn't loan him away and he should give him chance from start Gerrard mistake but he is not only, Smith did even Smith start intro him come bench and encourage him, build him up with possible starter. that he was sack, Gerrard come in and sent him loan away, be fair on Gerrard as he didn't know the player as he is new to Villa, but he should've research him and keep him as we only have Ings and Watkins, and should be him understudy both of them rather sent him away.

2 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

it's possible play him different roles, or not play his strength to area or ideal finisher, tactical issues, play of style until he play for cup due villa force play him in cup as Davis injury and we play space to finisher with good player creative around him.

suddenly other club notice this and ask for loan and play his strength that might reason better explain why both different, record ratio goal/games. Preston they have good creative behind him.

I'm believe levels Nation League or Championship even Premiership is don't matter what level for striker, it is about for defender and midfielder, forward is required level, not for striker really.

as long your good at finisher and good off the ball running, and position right time (make sure in front defender or in channel), strength to hold ball when required, Intel play to outwit defender think and position area to defend to force solo focus on him rather focus ball and him. beat defender by pace any level can better player, it is creative job to give u ball to right area to finisher, with huge confidence, (<--which Watkins lack at moment) this striker job. simple job. Forward and Striker is different breed. Archer show you this, he can do so we should play him.

Looking at Barry did to Liverpool not matter lack experience. Like Vardy he come from low level - fleetwood, Leicester see him this his strenght area that why vardy play level between 2 or 3 division big jump and do nothing make different for him.

I think we shouldn't loan him away and he should give him chance from start Gerrard mistake but he is not only, Smith did even Smith start intro him come bench and encourage him, build him up with possible starter. that he was sack, Gerrard come in and sent him loan away, be fair on Gerrard as he didn't know the player as he is new to Villa, but he should've research him and keep him as we only have Ings and Watkins, and should be him understudy both of them rather sent him away.

I think you are right here, don’t forget about Keinan Davis too, he’s doing well in The Championship for Nottingham Forest too. Scoring goals in The Championship and scoring goals in The Championship are 2 different things entirely, I have seen many score a bucket load in The Championship but then couldn’t step up to The Premier League

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s doing great at Preston but I don’t understand how he can go from scoring 4 goals in 26 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring 4 goals in 7 matches in The Championship for Preston? That suggests that there isn’t that much of a jump in quality between the 2 divisions

It shows the dramatic improvement a young player can make in a year, which we often forget and just judge them the first time we see them.

• Like 2

Â