Doing a Fulham

KentVillan

We needed to compliment our signings with some experienced, almost boring players.

Cahill would have been perfect at centre back alongside Mings. He's excelled for Palace this season.

Jedinak or Whelan should have been kept. They wouldn't have seen much game time but would have been huge in the dressing room. Either could have been brought on late in games to see out games from a physical and mental side.

Up front and on the wings we could have done with an experienced player who's been there and done it. We are so short in that department and it shows every single week.

• Like 1

Just now, wilko154 said:

We needed to compliment our signings with some experienced, almost boring players.

Cahill would have been perfect at centre back alongside Mings. He's excelled for Palace this season.

Jedinak or Whelan should have been kept. They wouldn't have seen much game time but would have been huge in the dressing room. Either could have been brought on late in games to see out games from a physical and mental side.

Up front and on the wings we could have done with an experienced player who's been there and done it. We are so short in that department and it shows every single week.

Snodgrass aswell could've been an option, loved his time here and done o.k for West Ham last two seasons at this level so would've been more consistant than Trez.

2 hours ago, supermon said:

Who has been the worst signing...Nakamba for me. The ultimate "don't give the ball to me" kinda player I've ever seen.

He is utter dross.

When you're scouting a player:

Is he a good passer: no, not really.

Is he good in possession: no, not really - consistently makes mistakes.

Is he partiularly quick: no.

Is he creative or can score a goal: no.

Is he good at heading the ball: no not particularly.

Yeah, let's sign him up. Apart from being able to tackle a bit I see pure mediocrity! 

• Like 3

Most of the signings were poor. 

I said at the time we should have looked at players like Albrighton, Snodgrass and Lolley. They'd have certainly at least had a go and put up a fight.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I said at the time we should have looked at players like Albrighton, Snodgrass and Lolley. They'd have certainly at least had a go and put up a fight.

Board went for the young and hungry approach with the potential of resell value.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Although relegation just messes up the entire plan. Losing our best players like McGinn and Grealish means we'll have a big mountain to climb to get back to where we want to be.

We have to hope the ones we manage to keep find their feet in the Championship, gain confidence and are better equipped mentally if we go straight back up.

Edited by villalad21

Nakambas crap. He just chases and tackles. Half the time he tackles badly.  I dont know how the hell they thought he is premie league level ill never know. The aame applies with trezuget wesley and potentially samatta. All player signed abaroad and gambles that has failed miserably 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nakambas crap. He just chases and tackles. Half the time he tackles badly.  I dont know how the hell they thought he is premie league level ill never know. The aame applies with trezuget wesley and potentially samatta. All player signed abaroad and gambles that has failed miserably 

I struggle to know what type of player he is.

How and where did he play in Belgium? Is he box to box? Is he a ball winning def midfielder? I still have got no idea.

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Board went for the young and hungry approach with the potential of resell value.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Although relegation just messes up the entire plan. Losing our best players like McGinn and Grealish means we'll have a big mountain to climb to get back to where we want to be.

We have to hope the ones we manage to keep find their feet in the Championship, gain confidence and are better equipped mentally if we go straight back up.

Unfortunately we seem to have signed up for short term pain, long term pain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

He is utter dross.

When you're scouting a player:

Is he a good passer: no, not really.

Is he good in possession: no, not really - consistently makes mistakes.

Is he partiularly quick: no.

Is he creative or can score a goal: no.

Is he good at heading the ball: no not particularly.

Yeah, let's sign him up. Apart from being able to tackle a bit I see pure mediocrity! 

As i said here in last summer after he played at ACON before he signed that summer :) 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

Gotta love the sheer madness of the idea that all these overpriced, under-skilled players are magically going to increase in value by virtue of being “young”. Ain’t running a football club easy, eh? Oops! Nosediving towards the Championship and massive cut-price fire sale on the way. So that went well. 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

lolley is garbage and as much as we love Snoddy he has never done it in the PL. UTV

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

lolley is garbage and as much as we love Snoddy he has never done it in the PL. UTV

Lolley has dipped a bit this season to be fair, but he wouldn't have been worse than Trez and Jota

Snoddy has had 2 decent seasons at West Ham - certainly better than any of our wide players, Jack apart, have done. 

I'd rather have Hutton on the wing than Trez! :D

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Lolley has dipped a bit this season to be fair, but he wouldn't have been worse than Trez and Jota

Snoddy has had 2 decent seasons at West Ham - certainly better than any of our wide players, Jack apart, have done. 

I'd rather have Hutton on the wing than Trez! :D

Trez has been poor. He came on today and they scored instantly as he showed no interest to track back. #dissppointed! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2019 at 13:21, KentVillan said:

Thought it would be nice to collect amusing examples of people accusing us of doing a Fulham this season, as I imagine we'll be hearing this for at least the next 6 months (or forever, if we actually do a Fulham).

Looking forward to the We're Doing A Fulham chants when we're three goals up against Wolves.

image.png.a0060f4768b1900e64cb299a95c3bf3c.png

Starting with last week's classic from Fat Sam.

https://talksport.com/football/577298/aston-villa-fulham-spending-summer/

Keep them coming...

This aged well...

Most likely did worse than a fulham and now until the next club goes and spend a fortune and fails, we are the ones who are the laughing stock on football, sad it is , bloody sad.

Just now, Dave-R said:

Most likely did worse than a fulham and now until the next club goes and spend a fortune and fails, we are the ones who are the laughing stock on football, sad it is , bloody sad.

Surely nobody will ever do something like this again seeing the utter failures of Fulham and Villa.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Surely nobody will ever do something like this again seeing the utter failures of Fulham and Villa.

But they will because Owners and those in charge of clubs are daft or if it actually pulls off you have a fantastic run in you so its risk and reward. You dont pull it off and you look to be a bunch of clowns playing football which is what we are now.