Doing a Fulham

KentVillan

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fulham signed players they didn't need. We needed players. 

Be on about 4 points with last season squad

How people can't see this is just beyond me? Not even a discussion. We had to take risks.

3 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Im not so sure  - Whelan and Adomah are better than our current DM  and wide Midfielders, at least they had heart battled back. Elphick  i don't agree we do  have better options.

No they aren't. 

• Like 3

I don't think we should be compared with Fulham, the issue is how the players are being set up and coached . We are one of the 4 worst clubs in the division but do not know how to defend as a team.

we are sadly going down IMO due to the way we approach and manage games.

4 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Im not so sure  - Whelan and Adomah are better than our current DM  and wide Midfielders, at least they had heart battled back. Elphick  i don't agree we do  have better options.

Honestly i think both Chester and Elphick are better than Hause and probably also Konsa from what i've seen this season.

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

its opinions pal  from what I've seen during the past 90 minutes and against Norwich and previous exploits   they are most certainly are

Wheln is without a club. Luiz is captain of Brazil u23. 

Adomah has started 4 games for forest this year, Trezeguet is an egyptian international. 

While our signings have been poor they are leagues ahead of some of the dross we replaced. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Adomah has started 4 games for forest this year, Trezeguet is an egyptian international. 

While our signings have been poor they are leagues ahead of some of the dross we replaced. 

Wesley is a Brazil international, still 💩 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Honestly i think both Chester and Elphick are better than Hause and probably also Konsa from what i've seen this season.

don't think chester is 100% but i do think we have better options than Elphick - problem is when you continue to play 4  - every one else  look for Jack your back 4 are going to be exposed

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Agreed but he's still better than say Scott Hogan. 

I want to agree... but then I wonder if SH would have been this bad if he played every week? Also, if we had Hogan and spent the £22m on a striker familiar with the league we’d be in an even better place.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I want to agree... but then I wonder if SH would have been this bad if he played every week? Also, if we had Hogan and spent the £22m on a striker familiar with the league we’d be in an even better place.

Hogan never got a chance under Smith. But it's hard to be worse than Wes.

Probably one of the worst strikers i've ever seen in a Villa shirt. He's up there with McCormack and Helenius.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Whelan took a lot of stick last year - he has lost lots of pace  -but what he dose do is anchors the midfield and tidy's up the knitty gritty stuff that has to be done , AND runs backwards and forwards a pre requisite for a international midfielder - his not been replaced  .

Trezeguet  - is the most useless player i have ever seen in a claret and blur shirt -  Luiz is a luxury a team in our position simply cant afford yes flashes of brilliance  - but will he stick a foot in will he make lung bursting runs  to get back into position (as per the defensive midfielder role ) Brazilian U23 maybe  struggling premiership team NO WAY!

Football is all about opinions but from what I've witnessed  so far this season were in BIG  trouble.  

2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Whelan took a lot of stick last year - he has lost lots of pace  -but what he dose do is anchors the midfield and tidy's up the knitty gritty stuff that has to be done , AND runs backwards and forwards a pre requisite for a international midfielder - his not been replaced  .

Trezeguet  - is the most useless player i have ever seen in a claret and blur shirt -  Luiz is a luxury a team in our position simply cant afford yes flashes of brilliance  - but will he stick a foot in will he make lung bursting runs  to get back into position (as per the defensive midfielder role ) Brazilian U23 maybe  struggling premiership team NO WAY!

Football is all about opinions but from what I've witnessed  so far this season were in BIG  trouble.  

Whelan and Jedinak have never been the quickest.

15 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Whelan is about to be bombed out of hearts. If you think he could do a job in the prem then this debate is pointless. 

Whelan, Adomah and Jedinak are nowhere near good enough for the premier league. Jedinak really struggled in the championship back end of last season.

However the key point here is they were experienced heads in our squad who at that level wouldn't panic when we hit bad runs and were good figureheads for some of the younger players in the squad.

We simply don't have enough type of that type of player experienced at prem level in the squad, we need to sign those types in January. We really missed a trick in the summer and it's cost us points.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Whelan, Adomah and Jedinak are nowhere near good enough for the premier league. Jedinak really struggled in the championship back end of last season.

However the key point here is they were experienced heads in our squad who at that level wouldn't panic when we hit bad runs and were good figureheads for some of the younger players in the squad.

We simply don't have enough type of that type of player experienced at prem level in the squad, we need to sign those types in January. We really missed a trick in the summer and it's cost us points.

Flippin hell.

Considering how badly we are struggling on defensive set pieces Jedinak would be great for us right now.

Flippin hell.

Considering how badly we are struggling on defensive set pieces Jedinak would be great for us right now.

I think you are still forgetting the part he is unemployed and NO other football team in the world has touched him. You cant just put a player on for set-pieces this isnt American Football

• Like 1

Flippin hell.

So would Mings...

I can't remember the exact game but Jedinak really struggled in it, may have been the 3-3 v Sheffield United. Not just his passing which was never great but he could barely get around the pitch and was just getting bypassed all the time.

It was right to let him and Whelan go. Not getting a leader type in midfield to replace both was however a big error.

On 31/07/2019 at 17:18, useless said:

Casual observers will probably see our transfers and see that we've signed a defender who can't get in the Bournemouth team, another who can't get in the Wolves' team or squad, and then another defender from Brentford that is still seen as a rookie, a right-back who they probably haven't heard of and who's last team was relegated, a left-back that quite a few Southampton fans don't rate, a midfielder with no experience of the Premier league, and wasn't always a regular starter for Girona, a winger that Lille didn't want, another that has come from a mid-table turkish league club, a striker who only scored ten goals in the Belgium league, a player signed from Small Heath. Of course it's not as simple as all that, but it's the kind of thing that anyone not following the situation closely will think, alongside things like 'Championship players', 'too many signings', 'no Premier league experience', and so on.

This post looking quite perceptive.