Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

35 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Thanks for the heads up, I've just gone to her Instagram to read that. 

So that's part of the story but doesn't explain the reports from Guardian of her being dropped by England due to poor attitude, and doesn't really match Carla Ward's comments from weekend thinly veiled but suggesting similar. "Something happened yesterday" were literally her words, what's that mean? I suppose it could refer to an injury of some sort but the way she phrased it overall wouldn't make sense then. Hampton was left home "for the good of the squad".

Really strange one ......

Yes I agree, it does sound like there is more to this than meets the eye.

click here for all the details

Aston Villa Women FC and West Ham United Women FC have been fined £1,000 each for breaching FA Rule E20 at their match in the Women’s Super League on Saturday 15 October 2022. 

Both clubs denied failing to ensure that their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 91st minute. An independent Regulatory Commission subsequently found their charges to be proven and imposed these fines during a hearing.

Mentioned earlier, but another mysterious one

Natasha Harding has again been left out of Wales' squad for "personal reasons".

The forward, 33, is absent from the squad for the friendly with Finland on Saturday, 12 November despite playing regularly for club side Aston Villa.

"I want all players to be available for selection, but with the current situation, it is in the best interests of the player for her not to be here," Wales boss Gemma Grainger said.

"There is a current situation that is ongoing with Tash, the safeguarding and player welfare team are leading on that situation," Grainger told BBC Sport Wales.

"It is a non-footballing decision but based on that current situation the decision has been made for her not to be with the team.

"The guidance for me is the situation is unchanged until the FAW tell me that she is available for selection.

"Until then it is out of my control and I have to concentrate on the next camp and the players who are here.

"For me as the manager, with it being a non-football decision, that's about as much as I can say on that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63471873

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

People have mentioned it’s a mental health thing rather than personal abuse 

Would have thought msg from the likes of wiegman would be a bit more supportive if that's the case, it sounds like more a 'telling off' and she is no longer part of the plan, rather than happy to have you back sort of comment.

Sixth in the table now, nine points clear of the relegation place, our best start to a WSL season after six games.

We could potentially move up to fifth in two weeks time as we play Reading at Villa Park whilst Spurs play Chelsea away.

Rachel Daly scored and was player of the match as England beat Japan 4-0 last night.

She's now scored eight goals in ten starts for club and country this season.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

On 07/11/2022 at 22:50, useless said:

Kenza Dali is absolute brilliance that signing didn't get the fanfair it deserved in the summer.

100%. She’s a revelation for us. My favourite Villaness by far. 

• Like 1

Â