Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Natasha Harding out injured for the season.

We're having ridiculous bad luck with injuries, Hannah Hampton, Megan Sargeant, Remi Allen, Ruesha Littlejohn, Emily Gielnik, Chantelle Boye-Hlorkah, Simone Magill, and now Harding have all been out for lengthy spells this season, on a few occassions we haven't been abe to name a full bench because of having seven or eight of the first team squad all injured at the same time.

At least a few of them like Hampton, Littlejohn, and Gielnik are on their way back, big shame for Harding though, good chance she would have got a start tomorrow against Durham as well.

• Like 1

Club have posted an interview with Isobel Goodiwn, maybe a sign that she's going to play tomorrow, would be good to see her get her first goal at first team level, she herself was out injured for a couple of seasons

• Like 1

19 hours ago, useless said:

Club have posted an interview with Isobel Goodiwn, maybe a sign that she's going to play tomorrow, would be good to see her get her first goal at first team level, she herself was out injured for a couple of seasons

Is it generally the first team that plays today in the cup or a mix of youth and first team?

I think like the men's team it depends on the opposition, against Man Utd and Everton in the Conti Cup earlier this season we played pretty much a first team line-up but with one or two squad players getting a start, but in previous season's against Championship teams a few younger players have come in.

Today I'd expect a fairly strong line-up made up mostly of first team players, as we've still got a chance of qualiftying and Durham have been getting some good results in this competition, if we do play any younger players will probably just be the likes of Isobel Goodwin and Freya Gregory, maybe Evie Rabjohn would have got a game but not sure if she's ready yet after her injury, those three considered first team players anyway.

Will probably be the team that plays in the WSL with maybe one or two squad players coming in, Carla Ward has already said that Hannah Hampton is going to start.

Hampton, Mayling, Patten, Turner, Pacheco, Mcloughlin, LIttlejohn, Dali, Hanson, Gregory, Daly

Subs: Leat, Corsie, Gielnik, Blindkilde, Goodwin, Mullett

Four rested from last WSL game, but strong line-up.

Game is live on FA Player.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

That wasn't a great half for us, needlessly giving the ball away at times either because of poor passing or dwelling on the ball for too long, shooting has been poor as well, Durham keeper hasn't had to make a save other than when Dali shot straight at her, whereas they've forced Hampton into a few saves and hit the post.

I think we're missing Blindkilde in midfield, resting her has meant that because of lack of options we're playing with two defensive midfielders, so we're more defensive today against a Championship team in that area than we are when we play in the WSL against much better oppositon, we don't really need both McLoughlin and LIttlejohn,

We're kind of missing Corsie in midfield as well, although she's only been playing there because of injuries, she's very composed on the ball and helps us keep possession better than some of the other players.

If we're to have any chance of qualifying for the knock-out stages really need to win in the ninety minutes and to do that need to improve second half, especially in front of goal and just general play in the final third.

• Like 1

Not a great attacking performance but battled well and when we brought on Corsie, Blindkilde, and Lehmann our performance moved up a level, as above Blindkilde was brilliant when she came on, despite only playing thirty minutes or whatever it was was probably our best player today, I know she was already highly rated last season but seems to have moved up several levels this season, if she carries on her form she might not be far away from a full England call-up, glad that she signed a long-term contract.

Win puts us top of the group with our last game being away to Sheffield United if we win that that would put us on nine points, Everton have two games to play but one of those is against Man Utd which they play December 7th the same day that we play Sheffield United, if they lose and we win then we will go through to the quarter-finals.

Win today was also important as might not get much of a chance to win many games for the next month or so in the league as next two in the WSL are against Man Utd and Arsenal before they finish for a month and then a tough game against Spurs when we come back.

During the game the commentator mentioned that Ruesha Littlejohn has been doing a video series on youtube, only watched a few videos but is actually quite interesting as shows some of the behind the scenes scenes from Bodymoor Heath and what she's been doing at home and at Bodymoor for her recovery.

Manchester United set to smash record attendance vs Aston Villa at Old Trafford 

Manchester United Women are set to shatter their home attendance record when they return to WSL action against Aston Villa at Old Trafford this weekend.

With more than 30,000 tickets sold already, Saturday’s league clash against the Villains eclipses the record 20,241 who attended United's first WSL match played at Old Trafford in March, when United beat Everton 3-1. 

The game is scheduled for 12:00 GMT on Saturday 3 December and tickets are priced the same as matches at Leigh Sports Village - £6 for adults and £3 for fans aged under 16 or over 65. To buy your ticket, click here.

All Women’s Season Ticket holders will be contacted today with instructions on how to claim their ticket. 

Hospitality is also available to purchase. Prices start from £20pp (dependent on package) - more information is available here

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-women-old-trafford-25641127 

Its also live on Sky Sports and Sky Showcase 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Manchester United set to smash record attendance vs Aston Villa at Old Trafford 

Manchester United Women are set to shatter their home attendance record when they return to WSL action against Aston Villa at Old Trafford this weekend.

With more than 30,000 tickets sold already, Saturday’s league clash against the Villains eclipses the record 20,241 who attended United's first WSL match played at Old Trafford in March, when United beat Everton 3-1. 

The game is scheduled for 12:00 GMT on Saturday 3 December and tickets are priced the same as matches at Leigh Sports Village - £6 for adults and £3 for fans aged under 16 or over 65. To buy your ticket, click here.

All Women’s Season Ticket holders will be contacted today with instructions on how to claim their ticket. 

Hospitality is also available to purchase. Prices start from £20pp (dependent on package) - more information is available here

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-women-old-trafford-25641127 

Its also live on Sky Sports and Sky Showcase 

I have got tickets for this tomorrow. I've only been to OT once, when I was 13 so have no idea of the best way to get there by car or where to park! Can any well-travelled Villans give any suggestions for where might be best to leave my car? 

12 minutes ago, wict01 said:

I have got tickets for this tomorrow. I've only been to OT once, when I was 13 so have no idea of the best way to get there by car or where to park! Can any well-travelled Villans give any suggestions for where might be best to leave my car? 

If you don't want to get too close to the ground, you could park anywhere near the Withngton or Burton Road metro stops and take a direct tram in. You'll be close to Princess Parkway as well for easy motorway access.

I'm only suggesting that because I used to live around there though, you probably could get closer to Trafford.

11 hours ago, wict01 said:

Old Trafford Cricket ground 

19 hours ago, wict01 said:

Media City, plenty of parking, bars and restaurants and a 20min walk away

spacer.png

Â