Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I said it before, there’s a reason we got Drinkwater in. He is more consistent over the length of a game. Luiz loses concentration for the full 90 minutes. He also seems to take coming on as a substitute as his personal quest to win us points

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He is currently doing his best Hourihane impression.

Comes on as a sub and looks world class, scores screamers and wins games.

Earns his start then is utter turd ffs.

This is why we should be using him as a sub! (And why Hourihane is also potentially useful as a sub).

I guess McGinn and Nakamba would be our starting midfield if all fit, but failing that I definitely think DL is better as an impact sub anyway so I’d be starting Drinkwater.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I said it before, there’s a reason we got Drinkwater in. He is more consistent over the length of a game. Luiz loses concentration for the full 90 minutes. He also seems to take coming on as a substitute as his personal quest to win us points

Yes having spent the time to try and get Drinkwater up to speed it seemed weird to drop him from the squad.  I think Dean got this one wrong.  Douglas was so poor yesterday.

One thing I didn't like was that he was way too lackadaisical. Like I get it, he plays football like he's at the park with his mates and it's refreshing, but it literally felt like that today. Just doing all these careless flicks back to the defence like we're not out here scrapping for our lives. Be more focused Douglas!

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes having spent the time to try and get Drinkwater up to speed it seemed weird to drop him from the squad.  I think Dean got this one wrong.  Douglas was so poor yesterday.

Drinkwater was injured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny that we now have to repeat the conversation about Luiz being better from the bench. But some people just won't have it that he's inconsistent and very lightweight in terms of getting stuck in on tough games. Shame Drinkwater was injured as I think he would have started and brought much needed stability to midfield. 

I honestly think Carlos Sanchez was a more switched on off the ball footballer and he is one of the most ball watching players we ever had.

Never in my life have I saw someone let so many runners get in behind him. Just has zero awareness or he is just lazy.

15 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

He has quality, but he is too young and inexperienced to play every game.

It's annoying that him and Nakamba seem to always play badly at once.

That's a good point actually, they're either both fantastic or both a disaster. 

Anyway, we know that Luiz is extremely inconsistent. I'd still persist with him though, don't think Drinkwater is the answer. 

We just seem to get absolutely overrrun in the midfield. No composure and no strength in there. We struggle to move the ball out from the back through the middle of the ground and when defending, teams seem to get behind us easily.

I don't think you can play Luiz and Nakamba as a 2 man central midfield. I'd actually prefer Drinkwater start and Luiz come on as a sub against tired legs where he has room to make some of his excellent passes.

• Like 1

Â