Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Nah. He’s been atrocious for weeks. How much longer can we go easy on someone who doesn’t give a shit?

He's been atrocious since Kamara got injured 

It's been a long season for him, transfermarket have him down as 3900 minutes this season, 900 more than last year 

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Not fans. Just horrible humans. They walk among us.

Wish people would repost it tbh, if i wanted to read that shite I know where to look.

Maybe needs a break, or some time off.

He's a great player, but every time he's not played lately we look better. Maybe he's trying too hard.

Something has went wrong and I'm not sure what. Doesn't help not playing his natural position.

He's played too many games this season and it shows. He's energy levels are way below were they need to be. He's a very good player struggling with the workload. We aren't good enough to rotate. 

That was a Gerrard-esque midfield performance from Luiz and McGinn tonight. Sadly it was Gerrard the manager, not the player.

This midfield pairing has always been an issue.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Someone saying he should be stopped is a horrible human? Wind your neck in. 

Wind my neck in? Have you even read those tweets? Seriously get a grip.

Just now, villa89 said:

He's played too many games this season and it shows. He's energy levels are way below were they need to be. He's a very good player struggling with the workload. We aren't good enough to rotate. 

Right now we don't have anyone to rotate with! 

Look he has not been great for a while, but the stick he gets is totally unfair - he is integral to us, and we will need his experience in the 2nd leg. We have another player totally under performing for a while - yet gets a free pass??

I rate Dougie highly  and we will need him, in the coming games ahead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How much longer can we go easy on someone who doesn’t give a shit?

He's been poor recently but this is completely spurious, up there with the "Mings thinks he's better than he is because he chews gum" shouts. The guy walked around the pitch at full-time apologising to all sides of the stadium when a lot of other players would have bolted out of there, there's no indication that he "doesn't give a shit'.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's been atrocious since Kamara got injured 

It's been a long season for him, transfermarket have him down as 3900 minutes this season, 900 more than last year 

Exactly, central midfield is a partnership, you lose one player and suddenly the other is a bit lost.  A bit like McGinn and Tielemans have suddenly started clicking and probably our first choice at the moment.  Anyway I'll just let the 4 year olds on here let off steam for now and wait til Sunday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, birdman said:

Wind my neck in? Have you even read those tweets? Seriously get a grip.

Yes. 2 of them are shite. 2 of them say he should be dropped. Are you soft in the head? 

Douglas was arguably our player of the season until his legs went a month ago or so. 

I hope people disrespecting him now don't forget how integral he's been to our success since Emery joined up.

He's been poor for weeks but if we hadn't lost so many players to injury and suspension, I'm certain he'd still have reserves in the tank. But it's been clear for a while that he's been running on fumes. I'm not sure Emery has had better options, though so here we are.

We need to rally 'round Douglas, and the players and back the manager to craft a winning gameplan for the return leg. 2 goals gets us level.  We can do that. If it goes to penalties, we'll have the best back between the sticks.

Nobody got hurt out there and nobody is suspended for the return leg. And Spurs lost.

We still have everything to play for and now is the time to channel our positivity right into the team.

Have faith, Villans!

• Like 3

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Yes. 2 of them are shite. 2 of them say he should be dropped. Are you soft in the head? 

So which ones do you think I'm referring to....youre not that thick surely? Read between the lines. Wow.

• Like 1

He's mercurial like this. Has a great few months and then a bad few months, has been like that ever since he joined us. 

I think he shows flashes of brilliance, but overall is not worth £80m, so if we get a serious offer in or around that, we should definitely cash in.

Not great again, but ultimately our own fault. Many of our players go into poor form, after all not every player is Kevin De Bruyne.

Other positions on the pitch we can rotate, rest etc 

We have nobody for Dougie, we were naive enough to not sign a replacement for Dendoncker as hopeless as he was, we lost Kamara and we are struggling to even play anyone alongside him.

Suffering from fans severely overrating him, expecting him to be something he isn't.

Luiz is just a decent footballer that will dip in form every now and then.

He isn't world class never has been and never will be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Dropped?  We have two central midfielders fit, both who have played a zillion minutes this season.

Â