Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

In fairness to Arsenal, Rice, Luiz, Odegaard would be the best midfield in world football - you can see why they'd want him - but the price will be set by us and there's absolutely no reason right now why we'd let him go mid-season and every reason why we'd want to keep him in the summer too.

16 minutes ago, Wes said:

Romano isn't the source of this update - it's come from Rahman Osman and Romano is just riding the trending wave (as he does).

And "talks" do not mean anything anyway.

Talks, Arsenal, “want to come and play for us Doug, we’re gonna win the league. “

Doigie, “No you’re not, my club Aston Villa are, so thanks but I think I’ll stay where I am, with my brilliant manager and  my Mate the best goalie on earth Emi, who my the way says thst I shouldn’t believe a word you cockney rocket polishers say. UTV! See you in the Charity Sheild, if you qualify or maybe the FA Cup final if we haven’t already knocked you out?”

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness to Arsenal, Rice, Luiz, Odegaard would be the best midfield in world football - you can see why they'd want him - but the price will be set by us and there's absolutely no reason right now why we'd let him go mid-season and every reason why we'd want to keep him in the summer too.

I will add to that also that the player hinself i believe would not jump ship at such a crucial time. The summer is the time for big decisions, not now. 

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness to Arsenal, Rice, Luiz, Odegaard would be the best midfield in world football

Yeah but that concept won’t attract Dougie because he’s already playing in the best midfield in world football…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'd be shocked if Dougie was sold in January. I don't think Arsenal would pay the 80m+ needed for us to even consider it. Also we don't want to sell and Luiz is not likely to down tools to force a move. I think a new contract is more likely than a sale at the moment. 

I'd genuinely be appalled if we sold him in January for £80m - with the premium on us not wanting to sell and the premium on it being January, and the premium on where we are in the league right now and who we'd be selling him to - I'd be looking for double that for this to happen in January.

And it won't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I'd be shocked if Dougie was sold in January. I don't think Arsenal would pay the 80m+ needed for us to even consider it. Also we don't want to sell and Luiz is not likely to down tools to force a move. I think a new contract is more likely than a sale at the moment. 

If we accept a bid anywhere near as low as £80 million for Dougie I will truly despair. In today's market he is worth at least £120 million! He contributes more than Rice @ £105 million and is miles better than Calceido @ £115 million.

Â