Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

34 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Our best player! So cool and collected £15m was a steal, surely Brazil must play him. He oozes class.

Until they pick a permanent manager - the caretaker is probably going to keep selecting known caps so fortunately for us, Luiz will remain out until they select a permanent manager.

Could easily hit double figures for goals this season now he's taking the pens. 2 in 2 and I'd expect us to get at least 5-10 more throughout the campaign with us being more pacey up front. 

Him and Kamara looked great tonight. 

15 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Potentially the best midfielder to ever play for the club

Sorry, but this is complete overhyped, blinkered nonsense!

Not fit to lace Gordon Cowans boots and that’s only for a start.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, choffer said:

That moment when he feinted and sold it to the Hibs player who did a cartwheel past him was beautiful.

Edit - It's not quite as devastating as I remember it but it's still pretty good - at the end of this clip:

That was wonderful to watch. Him and Kamara are developing a real understanding now. The little triangles and little passes they make takes the oppo out of the game just like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Sorry, but this is complete overhyped, blinkered nonsense!

Not fit to lace Gordon Cowans boots and that’s only for a start.

I knew there'd be one... Gordon Cowans and Dennis Mortimer in their prime wouldn't be Premier League footballers now I'm afraid mate.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2019 at 23:28, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst passing by I’d like to say he’s fast becoming one of my favourite players. I really enjoy watching him play.

Might even get a shirt with his name on the back. 

@Keyblade I did 😊 

I never did get that shirt though :(

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@Keyblade I did 😊 

I never did get that shirt though :(

Me neither. I was going to get the third kit with his name last year but he insists on having his full government name on his shirt and it looks kind of silly. I will make no such mistake this year. Conference League winning away kit with misaligned DOUGLASLUIZ 6 for me this year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, choffer said:

That moment when he feinted and sold it to the Hibs player who did a cartwheel past him was beautiful.

Edit - It's not quite as devastating as I remember it but it's still pretty good - at the end of this clip:

That video just stinks.... of absolute brilliance. What a player he is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd take the delivery of a prime Cowans over anyone in our squad other than probably Luiz and have him on our right over Bailey, or a prime Morley on the left. Legends. 

With the vast improvement in sports science, technical coaching and professionalism in the modern game, it's pretty unlikely many of earlier era players would get anywhere near the PL. Back in the day George Best was considered a great technical player, but if you watch clips of him vs foden or sterling you will clearly see that they are light years ahead of him in that regard. He also wouldn't have been able to match the athleticism required for the league, given his drinking issues and lifestyle. 

Â