Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this but he's once again left out of Brazil squad: https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/paqueta-left-out-brazil-squad-world-cup-qualifiers-neymar-2023-08-18/

When I see players like Lodi and Cunha in I don't really understand what the Brazil manager is seeing. Richarlison's club form has been appalling the last 12 months. Joelinton played when they were humiliated 4-2 by Senegal but because he plays for super rich Saudi club Newcastle he's back in.

Luiz hasn't made a squad for 2 years now, personally I don't see him getting another look in given his form the last 12 months has been better than any other Brazilian central midfielder and he still doesn't get called up. 

Not getting selected for Brazil just highlights how underrated he is outside of VP. Whether it’s his perceived languid style I don’t know, but I bet most premier league fans don’t rate him.

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Cruised it and that's how you take a penalty when aiming for a corner.

Stay on them and he can score 7-8 in the league this season.

He scored 6 last year without pens. So you'd be hoping for double digits with them. 

Interesting to see a small minority of Newcastle fans starting to question Bruno G's form over the last 9 months, Dougie just going from strength to strength and felt confident in him on the pen today.

Top top player who can do it all.

It’s a joke that he isn’t a permanent fixture in that Brazil side, let alone the squad…

Would think it would be difficult to find a more quintessential or traditional Brazilian midfielder… he fits the bill perfectly. A playmaker of the highest quality.. 👌

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Closest player in the PL to Pirlo in style and in the top 5 PL CM's currently imo.

Couldn't give him a greater compliment tbh, but I think he's just that good.  

Edited by avfc1982am

On 20/05/2023 at 22:58, mikeyp102 said:

Ollie has been class under Emery and deserves all that comes to him, but I had zero confidence he’d score that pen. I called Dougie would’ve been better 

Yes I’m quoting myself, but I knew Dougie would be good at pens 

Still cannot believe he doesn't get called up for his national team, especially when you see some of the other dross in that Brazil squad. No wonder they had a disappointing World Cup. Dougie is quite possibly even better than Gareth Barry in my view who was one of my favourite players growing up. 

Â