Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It’s lot a of money… Brighton have a habit of selling for multiple millions every season and finding someone just as good to replace them, whereas we don’t.  Selling Dougie could well be the start of doing that, and to be honest, it’s probably something we need to be able to do. We shouldn’t ever struggle because we sold one player, like we did with Grealish…

We shouldn't but we would. Especially if we only got 70 million for a player better than 2 who will have gone for 100 million this window. 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

It’s lot a of money… Brighton have a habit of selling for multiple millions every season and finding someone just as good to replace them for peanuts, whereas we don’t.  Selling Dougie could well be the start of doing that, and to be honest, it’s probably something we need to be able to do. We shouldn’t ever struggle because we sold one player, like we did with Grealish…

Brighton I feel may well be at a point where they don’t need to accept such offers and can probably hold out for even more. I think we may need to accept offers that are north of 60m for our players from an FFP perspective. We generally spend a lot more than they do on players. 

Hard to disagree with any of this with the caveat that we are now have a much better manager and structure than we’ve had in the past and the hope is that we are now better equipped to both buy sell and utilise players than we have been in the past for some considerable time. Also of course we are now on an upward curve and there isn’t much motivation to leave us anymore. And we are of course much more attractive to potential incoming players than we have been for some time too. So bring on the future no matter what it may bring we’re the new improved mighty Villa and we can find a way to come out on top. “Would you bet against?” us as someone once said!

Edited by DaveAV1

58 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Tiny bit worried that if Chelsea fail to land Caicedo they’ll come in for Dougie. A lot of money being rejected by Brighton for their star man, I’m not convinced we’d be doing the same if 70m+ was offered for Luiz…  

Caicedo will leave. He'll kick off if he doesn't.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It’s a lot of money… Brighton have a habit of selling for multiple millions every season and finding someone just as good to replace them for peanuts, whereas we don’t.  Selling Dougie could well be the start of doing that, and to be honest, it’s probably something we need to be able to do. We shouldn’t ever struggle because we sold one player, like we did with Grealish…

Brighton I feel may well be at a point where they don’t need to accept such offers and can probably hold out for even more. I think we may need to accept offers that are north of 60m for our players from an FFP perspective. We generally spend a lot more than they do on players. 

if it was someone like a McGinn, I’d be more willing, but in my eyes, Douglas is our first or second untouchable player. We’d have a hard time finding someone at his requisite level that can slot in immediately.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

My main concern with Dougie is whether a release clause was included in the contract he signed last season. 

Could well be. Similar promise to what we made to Grealish. Would be a LOT of money though if it was a release clause. 

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Caicedo will leave. He'll kick off if he doesn't.

Bloom is playing Poker. And getting his own back on Caicedo for putting in a transfer request . It will happen but only once he has extracted every last dollar from Clearlake. 

I feel like the grealish deal has set the benchmark. If you want our best player the offer better be north of what City paid otherwise jog on. 

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I feel like the grealish deal has set the benchmark. If you want our best player the offer better be north of what City paid otherwise jog on. 

Grealish was undoubtedly our best player. As much as I love Dougie, it's arguable that he is. Kamara is for me.

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Grealish was undoubtedly our best player. As much as I love Dougie, it's arguable that he is. Kamara is for me.

I'm partial to Dougie but it's crazy we can even have this conversation. The quality in our squad is overflowing. 

• Like 1

To even start negotiations for our 'linked away' 🙄 players, judging by what others are going for -

Emi - £80 mil

Luiz - £120 mil

Watkins - £80 mil

That's just the sort of bid that will be worthy of being declined, let alone accepted. Anything lower I wouldn't even bother responding 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tayls said:

Could well be. Similar promise to what we made to Grealish. Would be a LOT of money though if it was a release clause. 

Unfortunately not if his contract was running out.

His agent says he signs this and you get £30-60m or he goes for free very soon. We were over a barrel. If there is one, I'd be happy if the club are looking to give him an extension and get rid of it.

He's undoubtedly looked our best player in pre-season. Totally comfortable in his role. Cruising through minutes.

21 hours ago, striker said:

If anyone comes in for Luiz and offers 70m I’m sure Emery and the club would bite their hands off!

No, we absolutely wouldn't. No idea why you're persisting with this utter nonsense. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

To even start negotiations for our 'linked away' 🙄 players, judging by what others are going for -

Emi - £80 mil

Luiz - £120 mil

Watkins - £80 mil

That's just the sort of bid that will be worthy of being declined, let alone accepted. Anything lower I wouldn't even bother responding 

Listen, I love those three as much as the next Villa fan, but your talking about (in order) breaking 1) The world record goalkeeper transfer record 2) The PL all time transfer record 3) Record transfer fee for an English striker. 

All 3 play for a club that has won absolutely nothing in 25 years. 

If any of those numbers were put up, they'd be off faster than you can fart. 

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Listen, I love those three as much as the next Villa fan, but your talking about (in order) breaking 1) The world record goalkeeper transfer record 2) The PL all time transfer record 3) Record transfer fee for an English striker. 

All 3 play for a club that has won absolutely nothing in 25 years. 

If any of those numbers were put up, they'd be off faster than you can fart. 

Only Dougie, because that's a silly amount of money for any player.

All of them are worth a huge amount to us and above 'market value', as it were, because they're vital components of the team. I wouldn't sell any of them for 80m.

He is on a new contract (not sure if a buy out clause) Emery rates him highly, Dougie loves it here, he is back in the Brazil sqaud, we don't need to sell & above all else he finally has his own song .... be wearing the claret & blue of Aston Villa for the foreseeable future, lets just enjoy him because he is turning out to be one he'll of a midfielder & I think he can go up a level still 😍 love you Dougie 🫶

He is now central to everything we do, so the transfer fee would have to reflect that, in as much as the disruption to the project, would have to be factored in.

He is probably more valuable to us, than his market value would suggest.

Central to our plans.

• Like 3

Â