Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

54 minutes ago, av1 said:

He has regularly gone on record saying that he absolutely loves it here. I’ve no idea why some folk are so negative. He’s going nowhere. 

Yes,he has. A couple of weeks ago he tweeted "I love Villa Park".

I dont think he is going anywhere. And now he for sure know he is beeing loved here by beeing voted both players,and fans player of the season. 

25 minutes ago, fleksnes said:

Yes,he has. A couple of weeks ago he tweeted "I love Villa Park".

I dont think he is going anywhere. And now he for sure know he is beeing loved here by beeing voted both players,and fans player of the season. 

Yeah its not like players say stuff like " My City, My Club, My Home" and leave less than a year later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

This summer at least, I don't think any other club will match Villa's valuation of what Luiz adds to our club.

Well hopefully by next summer it's even more difficult for them as we will be in champions League 

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well hopefully by next summer it's even more difficult for them as we will be in champions League 

Hopefully!!

For this summer, I think the clubs that would be interested in Luiz couldn't afford what he's worth to Villa (assuming there's no release clause) and/or wouldn't be of interest to Luiz.

I'm fully expecting Luiz to continue his improvement and be attracting the absolute top tier clubs by next summer. Then it'll be a test of Villa's improvement on and off the pitch and Luiz's loyalty and desire to play on the biggest stages.

The great news is Villa get to keep a great player still on a long contract or get a large transfer fee. With the correct team at the helm, either scenario could help us reach our goals.

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He's Braziliannnnn

He only cost £15 millionnnn

And we think he's one in a millionnn

It's Douggglasss Luizzzz

You can't rhyme million with million. Noob.

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

6 goals and 6 assists for him.

Extraordinary season.

The goals and assists were nice additions but his overall game was what made it extraordinary IMO. The impact he has in midfield is massive - winning possession, retaining possession, getting out of tight spots with the ball, linking it up and starting attacks... He's just a great player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

You can't rhyme million with million. Noob.

School boy error!

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He's Braziliannnnn

And we think he's one in a Zillionnnn

It's Douggglasss Luizzzz

FTFY ........... you're welcome 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He's Braziliannnnn

And we think he's one in a millionnn

It's Douggglasss Luizzzz

He's Braziliannnnn

He dumped Aliesha, we think hes a silly un

It's Douggglasss Luizzzz

I'd love to hear more about him to be honest. From his Instagram it appears every off season he goes back home and is playing football in a street pitch with the locals.

His latest story of him taking pens with a bit of a crowd around watching him from what I assume is his home town would make a great local-paper piece.

I'm sure he did something similar last year. It might just be with his home town friends or cousins etc. But it feels like he's doing it to still be part of his local community and/or give something back 

• Like 1

I hope there's no release clause in his contract. With talking Gundojan leaving Man City the paper talk is Kovacic at Chelsea. I hink Pep will go all out for Dougie as he loves him and was furious they couldn't hold onto him.

12 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I hope there's no release clause in his contract. With talking Gundojan leaving Man City the paper talk is Kovacic at Chelsea. I hink Pep will go all out for Dougie as he loves him and was furious they couldn't hold onto him.

Hardly furious. 

He could have quite easily bought him back for the contractually required price. 

Can't have loved him that much 🤣

• Like 4

12 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I hink Pep will go all out for Dougie as he loves him and was furious they couldn't hold onto him.

This is true - he got so mad that he decided that they need to take our best player for 100mil out of spite.

True story.

I am not making this up. 

Â