Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Very happy with this
Don’t want to lose your better players and he is a very good player imo

Would help if he was played in his preferred midfield position though…not a cdm

Edited by Vincenzo
  • Like 1

Not long found out but have to say I'm so chuffed. I might be one a of the minority, but I love the kid. Plays the game in the right way, technically one of our best players and with his best years ahead of him hopefully we get the right manager to see him kick on to another level.  

Up there with the Kamara signing imo.

There is a cynical side of me that thinks this was pushed along by the board as pure deflection from Gerrard's failings and the fans frustration to our current situation. I am however resolved that Gerrard still needs to do one. Nice try Purslow. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Great news. Just what club needed.

It lowers the argument (not that I agreed anyway) that Gerrard hasn’t got the dressing room.

Odd that they don’t say how long. 

Very happy with this but think a certain young German lady may have been an influence….

Edited by Vincenzo

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It lowers the argument (not that I agreed anyway) that Gerrard hasn’t got the dressing room.

It doesn't lower the argument at all, there is every chance he has signed with assurances that he won't be managed by a 🤡 much longer.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Essentially it’s 3 1/2 years according to Fabrizio.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wurzel said:

I am completely bemused by this news, it's good of course, but what has changed and what has he been promised?

My guess is there are outs in the contract that will allow him to leave for a reasonable fee unless we hit some major benchmarks (Europe, UCL).  He probably got a big salary bump as well.

• Like 1

Â