Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Better 8s they may be (i dont think they are)...but better 6/8s that Gerrard wants to play they are not. 

They are fundamentally incapable of that role.

There is no way he should be dropped in place of either of them, let alone both of them.

Him at his best (see the highlight reels from him playing as one of our "8s" last season) is better than anyone else in the squad.

It isn't a disaster, but it could have been avoided if Gerrard wasn't an idiot. He's the only person that thinks it was a good idea to sub him off against West Ham, and the only one that thought it was a good idea not to start him vs arsenal.

Doug decided he wanted out 2 years ago when he refused to discuss a new contract. We should have got his replacement in then and sat him on the bench until he agreed to move so we got a decent fee. There's no football intelligence at the villa and it shows. 

22 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If this was 3 weeks ago i'd be very happy to cash in with time to bring in a replacement, but we're leaving ourselves incredibly short in the midfield.

Our midfield is very short, most of the team is short.

Dendonker will change that at least

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Well we're an injury away from playing Nakamba right now.

We are an injury away from playing Ashley young and injury away from playing archer, also an injury away from playing Feeney…

nekamba is fine, basic, but fine, also did fine last season. and now we getting a donk, who’s better than nekamba… so it’s fine 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We are an injury away from playing Ashley young and injury away from playing archer, also an injury away from playing Feeney…

nekamba is fine, basic, but fine, also did fine last season. and now we getting a donk, who’s better than nekamba… so it’s fine 

Don't sleep on the dong!

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Am I the only person that thinks he's become incredibly overrated all of a sudden, he's decent enough and would be more than happy enough to keep him, and the fact that a team like Arsenal wants him has to mean something, but when everyone is at their best I don't think he would even get in our team, Ramsey and McGinn are both far better 'eights' than him at their best, and Kamara is a better DM.

It's a shame to lose him, but not the big disaster that it's being made out to be, will probably just be a squad player at Arsenal, he really isn't that great.

He's our best midfielder after Kamara and we're going to lose him without replacing him. This isn't the time to nuance-troll.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Am I the only person that thinks he's become incredibly overrated all of a sudden, he's decent enough and would be more than happy enough to keep him, and the fact that a team like Arsenal wants him has to mean something, but when everyone is at their best I don't think he would even get in our team, Ramsey and McGinn are both far better 'eights' than him at their best, and Kamara is a better DM.

It's a shame to lose him, but not the big disaster that it's being made out to be, will probably just be a squad player at Arsenal, he really isn't that great.

I can’t think of one thing Mcginn does better than Douglas. No way is he better than him 

Always thought Luiz was a tidy player, careful in possession and able to keep things ticking over. Strange though that my recollection of many contributors on here is that he wasn't good enough to take us into Europe and we needed an upgrade. Now i see that the majority seem to be distraught at the thought of him leaving. 

It's a funny old game

Â