Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Was watching it in the pub with some mates and said I bet he goes for goal seeing as he scored one v Bolton … waste of a bloody corner , no way he can do it twice in a season …

Steven Gerrard, when asked if he is confident Douglas Luiz will still be an #avfc player on Friday: "I am not in control of that. We are not in a position where we need to lose our top players but at the same time he has a year to go.."It is one of those touchy situations where the club has to do what is best for the club, not necessarily what is best for me."

• Sad 2

Just now, 260582 said:

Steven Gerrard, when asked if he is confident Douglas Luiz will still be an #avfc player on Friday: "I am not in control of that. We are not in a position where we need to lose our top players but at the same time he has a year to go.."It is one of those touchy situations where the club has to do what is best for the club, not necessarily what is best for me."

Representative for Wellingborough 

1 minute ago, 260582 said:

Where are these comments from 😫

2 minutes ago, 260582 said:

Might as well wait until January then and if we are still in the shit, just sell him. Makes more sense. If having him about increases our chances of staying up it has to be worth it. 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, 260582 said:

What a thing to say? He could have just put it on Luiz by saying he is desperate to keep a player of his quality here, but it's up to the player. It's like Gerrard is not interested.

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Wouldn't surprise me if that goal was him signing off. A little adios at the end with no reaction to the fans.

Do you think it’s right he didn’t celebrate with the fans who pay good money to follow their club? 

7 minutes ago, 260582 said:

He's going Scott Parker. 

Alex Howell BBC Sport quoting Gerrard ““There’s more than two people that are in control of that but I’m certainly not one of them. That will Douglas, that will be his agent and that will be what happens around that. I would like to keep him he’s a fantastic player and I’ve made that abundantly clear."

Â