Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I disagree, he’s better, but not that much better than anyone else we have. And for 20m we could spunk that on a top quality,  CL level midfeilder on loan. For the same money we’re losing out on. we’d get a better player for the same amount of time. Not that we will, or should. Just a quick turnaround solution with the same outcome. Realistic, Our fringe players can do the job until we get a sensible replacement.

Would you be happy to bring a player like doug in for a loan fee of £20m? Noo, no one would.

From an asset POV, Doug for one year is not worth 20m+, even if you factor the fear of relegation, he alone will not save the club. In fact he’s not or ever was a key player.. our key players are the ones underperforming, what is 1 factor in our poor performances… fix them and we wouldn’t be to bothered about Doug not being at the club.

Still on the asset POV, what I said will change if he signs a contract. Missing out on 20m+ for 3/4 years of Doug is better value. 

Ideally speaking, I want him to sign a contract, but if he doesn’t, sell him.. easy

I doubt a Champions League midfielder who is a clear upgrade on Luiz would sign for us at the moment but if they would, then I would be happy. I don’t particularly rate Luiz. I think he has largely been average during his time here but at the moment, he is an important part of the squad.

I don’t actually rate any of our 8’s but we need numbers in that area. I’d be happy to see Luiz, McGinn or Sanson go if it meant that a superior replacement was coming in. Without a replacement then I would keep all of them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Wonder if he'll go with his 'trusted' front six.

Kamara - McGinn - Ramsey

Coutinho

Ings - Watkins

🙄

Honestly, just reading that makes me feel a little ill.

As if any manager, in the world, anywhere, at any time, ever, would think that was the best use of the players we have. 

Just looking at it makes me want to KO a cardboard cut out of old Slippy G. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I doubt a Champions League midfielder who is a clear upgrade on Luiz would sign for us at the moment but if they would, then I would be happy. I don’t particularly rate Luiz. I think he has largely been average during his time here but at the moment, he is an important part of the squad.

I don’t actually rate any of our 8’s but we need numbers in that area. I’d be happy to see Luiz, McGinn or Sanson go if it meant that a superior replacement was coming in. Without a replacement then I would keep all of them.

Individually, all our midfielders are decent. But unfortunately they all play under Gerrard tactics, and simultaneously can’t play well together. 

As in getting a CL level midfeilder… easy if we are chucking 20M+ To loan one. But yet again, I don’t think we should. Our existing players are fine, just sort their form and their tactics out and jobs a goodun

4 minutes ago, chappy said:

7EB5117B-A6B0-4E97-87D9-F2BA6E0D883E.thumb.jpeg.76b5ad603a66171b6c980af1f006770e.jpeg

Would the club put this on the website if he was leaving tomorrow? (Sadly I could see it)

Yes, they’re all separate departments and the web guys won’t know about transfer dealings. Unless they’re told not to specifically, they’ll just pick one of the pictures from the third kit launch.

• Sad 1

It's really bad management to leave this Luis contract so late. If we keep him now for another season allowing him to walk free, we wont see him give his best for us as he wouldn't want to risk serious injury as no team will sign a crock, than he will be left with no club / no pay for next season if that happens. A player with a contract is still receiving full pay despite being injured, for eg Diego Carlos. 

I don't rate Luiz particularly and I'm quite sure SG doesn't either.  He has all the talent but not the right mentality and application. He's more likely to throw up his arms and fall to the floor than bust a gut trying to catch anybody.

Still, I would be staggered if the club sold him at this stage, without a top class midfielder coming in.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, just reading that makes me feel a little ill.

As if any manager, in the world, anywhere, at any time, ever, would think that was the best use of the players we have. 

Just looking at it makes me want to KO a cardboard cut out of old Slippy G. 

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Yes, they’re all separate departments and the web guys won’t know about transfer dealings. Unless they’re told not to specifically, they’ll just pick one of the pictures from the third kit launch.

Agreed...but Slippy knows what's going on with transfers, and in about 10-15 minutes, when they release the starting XI and bench, if Dougie isn't in there, we'll know he's on his way out.

• Sad 1

Benched.

Goodbye Dougie 👋🏻 

Suppose at least he's on the bench and not missing entirely but seeing as we won't put Sanson on the bench it was impossible that we couldn't take Dougie out.

Doesn't deserve to be benched though, we're going to get ransacked tonight.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Â