Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Second journalist to go for it.

No chance I'd be signing if I was him. To the extent I'm almost worried he'll reign it right in if he gets a big wage :lol:

Can't get in ahead of the underperformers we have in there?! Why would you possibly sign up? For a fat salary of course.

They asked him about it today?

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

They asked him about it today?

Nah, tweet the story "it's done", think Jason Burt was the first. He said three year deal though. 

Gerrard will be asked soon you'd hope. Firstly probably if we win on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Please be true 🙏

Now play him! Starting on Sunday.

We’re a lot better with him in the side, wth has SG been thinking with playing both McGinn and Ramsey? And he wants us to be a possession based side? Needs to demonstrate it…

Unfortunately, the new captain is going to be a problem for us…

I wouldn't be surprised if his new contract has already been agreed and signed for a while, and the club are waiting until after the transfer window to announce it, as if we fail to sign another midfielder, the news of his new contract can be a bit of a distraction from that, burying bad news with good news kind of thing. Of course if we can announce a new midfielder and Luiz' new contract even better.

59 minutes ago, sne said:

It's almost as if this was completely obvious that we'd looked better with him and Kamara are playing alongside each other.

And just as predictable that our stupid manager would change it for the worse in the second half.

1 hour ago, sne said:

It's almost as if this was completely obvious that we'd looked better with him and Kamara playing alongside each other.

its mind boggling isnt it.

truly, shockingly mind boggling.

• Like 1

I bet he's absolutely fuming. I bet half that team look at their captain their fearless leader and are absolutely seething. How in the world did you get 90 and are pretty much guaranteed.

If I was McGinn, I feel bad for him, I'd be truly truly embarrassed to be put in that position.

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The way we went from owning the midfield with him and Kamara on the pitch, to just give the middle of the pitch up when he left was perhaps not a surprise, but very telling. 

Obviously this will go way over the head of Gerrard, will someone perhaps point it out to him?

There is a risk for Luiz that he might not end up at the club of his dreams if he decides to leave on a free transfer next season.  Signing a new contract with Villa might just be his best option.  

Â