Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

We're not quite getting the "you're a valuable part of the squad" feeling right at the minute. 

There's a number of players, including Dougie, who will feel like they're being binned off rather than given a fair chance to earn a spot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Why would he sign a contract? Isn't getting a look in.

To be fair we've only played 2 games of a very long season, and he's played in one of those. Very much part of pre season too, so I think he'll get plenty of game time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he I was advising him I'd fully tell him to run down his deal.

1) He will get a pay day.

2) He isn't going to get a fair shot here with the 3 in midfield as is now.

I would not be signing that deal tbh.

Our starting lineup of the first game last season against included El Ghazi. It's hard to extrapolate much so soon into a new season.

We've just seen with Diego Carlos how much of a risk running down your contract can be. He's not long turned 24 years old, so there's hopefully a very long career ahead for him to maximise his pay days.

3 hours ago, May-Z said:

We're not quite getting the "you're a valuable part of the squad" feeling right at the minute. 

There's a number of players, including Dougie, who will feel like they're being binned off rather than given a fair chance to earn a spot. 

tbf i think the same could be said for Buendia.

Gerrard says one thing, but his actions dont follow his words.

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbf i think the same could be said for Buendia.

Gerrard says one thing, but his actions dont follow his words.

Yep. Buendia, Dougie, Sanson, Traore, (and to a more understandable extent Guilbert, Davis, El Ghazi)

All are good enough to contribute in some way, but seem ostracised somewhat without any attempt made to create a positive group.

On 14/08/2022 at 08:44, StanBalaban said:

Our starting lineup of the first game last season against included El Ghazi. It's hard to extrapolate much so soon into a new season.

We've just seen with Diego Carlos how much of a risk running down your contract can be. He's not long turned 24 years old, so there's hopefully a very long career ahead for him to maximise his pay days.

That was due to injury issues though. El Ghazi wasn't part of our serious plans last season. I think the teams we saw in the first 2 games are the manager's preferred ones, for better or worse.

He's been treated like crap really.

Played out of position doing a job for the team, shone when used further forwards but only when it suits us, and then ultimately dropped in place of players he's probably better than in our formation. Didn't even get a look in after the shitshow of our first game. Yes Ramsey and and McGinn were OK for parts of the Everton game, but they really weren't outstanding. And neither of them deserved to keep their spot after Bournemouth.  Rewarding failure.

Worse it's in a World cup year for him where he'll likely lose his chance at a first team spot.

Unless we've got some issues with how he's handled his contract situation (certainly doesn't sound that way), he's been treated harshly. Zero chance I'd be signing a new contract if I was him.  My agent would be speaking to every club in Europe and finding me the best deal I can sign in January.

And that's all fine....if the club are happy to see him leave on a free, then we've treated him exactly as we should do, for our means. Can't help but feel we'd have been better off using him rather than binning him off though.

• Like 4

It is a pity he hasn't been picked as a starter in the first two games. He will get his chance though as Ramsey lacks consistency (McGinn will not be dropped) and it will be up to him to make sure he becomes first choice from then on. I can't see him replacing Kamara anytime soon. 

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He's been treated like crap really.

Played out of position doing a job for the team, shone when used further forwards but only when it suits us, and then ultimately dropped in place of players he's probably better than in our formation. Didn't even get a look in after the shitshow of our first game. Yes Ramsey and and McGinn were OK for parts of the Everton game, but they really weren't outstanding. And neither of them deserved to keep their spot after Bournemouth.  Rewarding failure.

Worse it's in a World cup year for him where he'll likely lose his chance at a first team spot.

Unless we've got some issues with how he's handled his contract situation (certainly doesn't sound that way), he's been treated harshly. Zero chance I'd be signing a new contract if I was him.  My agent would be speaking to every club in Europe and finding me the best deal I can sign in January.

And that's all fine....if the club are happy to see him leave on a free, then we've treated him exactly as we should do, for our means. Can't help but feel we'd have been better off using him rather than binning him off though.

He was signed as a defensive midfielder and has been mostly rubbish at that, and has never shone when played further forward. Well, not remotely enough to be considered any good at it. He's been bang average at best the entire time he's been with us.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Risso said:

He was signed as a defensive midfielder and has been mostly rubbish at that, and has never shone when played further forward. Well, not remotely enough to be considered any good at it. He's been bang average at best the entire time he's been with us.

Did you see either of the Man City or Liverpool games last season when he played as one of our 8's against the two best sides in the league? I'm guessing not or you wouldn't have made that comment.

• Like 1

On 14/08/2022 at 09:55, CVByrne said:

Why would he sign a contract? Isn't getting a look in.

Its obvious his plan was to run his contract down. He would have signed one by now if he wanted to stay. It might suit the club to let him leave anyway, he's no world beater.

1 hour ago, Niall said:

It is a pity he hasn't been picked as a starter in the first two games. He will get his chance though as Ramsey lacks consistency (McGinn will not be dropped) and it will be up to him to make sure he becomes first choice from then on. I can't see him replacing Kamara anytime soon. 

Ramsey wont be dropped either

Â