Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Decent result for everyone, he's effectively ensuring we get some money for him and that there is no reason for us not to play him properly this season in run up to the World Cup.

Hopefully it is effectively a 4 year deal (3yr extension) but I think it will be an actual 3yr deal ending 2025, making next summer our best time to cash in on him. But we can worry about that later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Straight into the team for Ramsey then move McGinn furthest forward of the midfield three.

thats not really how our midfield operates, though.

Its more like this.....

(CHILD IN CAR = other teams midfield / CHILD WITH RED HAT = our midfield)

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, CVByrne said:

2025 isn't a great extension was hoping for 2026. 85k base is fair as that's topped up with the performance bonuses. 

Better than leaving for nothing next season.  It may be good for us, either he turns into a midfielder that takes us or the next or we could sell him next summer.

Never in doubt was it! :D One out of two contract renewals then, isn't too bad and we've tied up the best of the two. I guess we were not prepared to sell him for peanuts and he needs to play first team football to clinch a squad place in the coming World Cup. The club won this one. Now we can get on with signing another midfielder. 

On 11/08/2022 at 07:17, HalfTimePost said:

Decent result for everyone, he's effectively ensuring we get some money for him and that there is no reason for us not to play him properly this season in run up to the World Cup.

Hopefully it is effectively a 4 year deal (3yr extension) but I think it will be an actual 3yr deal ending 2025, making next summer our best time to cash in on him. But we can worry about that later.

My thoughts exactly, instead of him leaving on free next summer we get a decent fee for him, hopefully after a good season.

13 minutes ago, John said:

Never in doubt was it! :D One out of two contract renewals then, isn't too bad and we've tied up the best of the two. I guess we were not prepared to sell him for peanuts and he needs to play first team football to clinch a squad place in the coming World Cup. The club won this one. Now we can get on with signing another midfielder. 

Whose the other one?

Â