Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Yeah if he comes over here it won't be for big money.

Surprised wasn't included in a Luiz/Olsen deal

Think Roma are trying to sell a few to raise money this summer. Think Mkhyrarian was on big money and seems he will be leaving on a free

Good player Dougie and would be a shame to lose a young international player , wouldn’t blame him for moving on I think he sees himself playing higher up the pitch and he’s not deemed good enough here in the prem so will find a club at a level that allows it 

19 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Him and Kamara would make a very good partnership in a modern midfield, and would free up Ramsey to cause havoc further up the pitch . It would be a very young midfield for the Prem though with a 24 , 22 and 21 year old. Undoubted quality there though with a big upside in potential.

We'd be foolish not to give this a shot. We can still always sell him if we want to, his resale value will always be there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We'd be foolish not to give this a shot. We can still always sell him if we want to, his resale value will always be there.

It won't be if he runs his contract down. 

I think he'll move on this Summer. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think that's what he's doing.

Not sure how much it will affect us financially, but if he stays committed to giving his all while he is here, he's useful to have around!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think this trend towards running contracts down is worrying for clubs. Not so much well funded bigger clubs but ultimately it’s more money going to players and agents and less money to clubs.

Some clubs operate and survive by selling a player or two for big money. I know clubs look at the overall cost of a player over the time they’re at the club, basically fees plus wages but if a bigger proportion is going in wages to players and less in transfer fees the money goes out of the game. The trickle down effect will hurt the smaller clubs. As always. 

• Like 3

Luiz is a nothing player. Not particularly good at anything and I’m in no doubt if Villa are offered a reasonable amount of money, then Gerrard will sell him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think this trend towards running contracts down is worrying for clubs. Not so much well funded bigger clubs but ultimately it’s more money going to players and agents and less money to clubs.

Some clubs operate and survive by selling a player or two for big money. I know clubs look at the overall cost of a player over the time they’re at the club, basically fees plus wages but if a bigger proportion is going in wages to players and less in transfer fees the money goes out of the game. The trickle down effect will hurt the smaller clubs. As always. 

Been thinking the same.

Unrelated but for example look at the Music Industry. Artists now realise they can make a tonne load of money independently without record labels.

However the labels simply have to adapt and still find inventive ways of locking artists I to 360 deals lol.

Mbappe probably the most extreme example of where things could possibly go unless some sort of safeguards are put in for clubs.

I wonder if eventually there should be some sort of " Minimum Release Clause, meaninf clubs would at least get some sort of fee, even if nominal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been thinking the same.

Unrelated but for example look at the Music Industry. Artists now realise they can make a tonne load of money independently without record labels.

However the labels simply have to adapt and still find inventive ways of locking artists I to 360 deals lol.

Mbappe probably the most extreme example of where things could possibly go unless some sort of safeguards are put in for clubs.

I wonder if eventually there should be some sort of " Minimum Release Clause, meaninf clubs would at least get some sort of fee, even if nominal.

No chance. It would mean a player is dependant on a new club paying that fee once their contract ran out and they are no loger getting paid by their first club. They'd be trapped with no way of moving unless they were bought out (of a contract that had already ended!) but not earning any wage. It's what the whole Bosman ruling was brought in to avoid. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been thinking the same.

An outcome of transfer fees becoming sillier and sillier; if you were a player and you wanted to move someone has to stump up tens or even hundreds of millions to sign you, a Bosman signing might be your best hope 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

An outcome of transfer fees becoming sillier and sillier; if you were a player and you wanted to move someone has to stump up tens or even hundreds of millions to sign you, a Bosman signing might be your best hope 

It’s a tricky one for certain players. Kane for example probably had the last big chance to join a club where he would win things but was priced out of a move.  When there doesn’t seem to be a compromise you can understand why players run down their contracts. 

11 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

especially when you can keep the tens of millions yourself between you and your agent

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

It's not just football. It's all sport. All of society!

Look at golf. About to be split up because individuals are being given hundreds of millions. Expect it to look a lot like F1 in ten years.

This many world wide clubs cannot be sustained with the money leaving the game to agents and individual players' bank accounts.

Change will be arriving soon as huge clubs get desperate. Barcelona and Juventus will lead it I expect. They'll be forced to try and launch a superleague or go out of business.

• Like 1

Â