Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Nakamba’s defensive positioning was very poor until recently. Yes he could thunder into a 50-50 but he was often miles away from where he should be.

That’s changed, and I think that same off the ball work will improve perceptions of Luiz’s defensive abilities.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy to see him playing well in that role he played vs City - he looked so much more dynamic and creative.

But I think he is capable of doing both, and where we expect more possession, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a midfield of Luiz holding and two of McGinn / Sanson / Ramsey / Chukwuemeka in front.

Remember Gerrard himself played all over the midfield, so he’ll know himself the value of being flexible.

We are playing more compact now, so passes are less likely to be negated....I think that suits Marv, as its his longer passing seems suspect.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are playing more compact now, so passes are less likely to be negated....I think that suits Marv, as its his longer passing seems suspect.

It's interesting to see just how much our midfield has been changed by the simple adjustment of having them stay closer together. It's benefited all of them in different ways and they all seem to be more comfortable with it. Small things making big differences.

I've got a little feeling in my toes for a Luiz goal today.

It could be gout.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting to see just how much our midfield has been changed by the simple adjustment of having them stay closer together. It's benefited all of them in different ways and they all seem to be more comfortable with it. Small things making big differences.

I've got a little feeling in my toes for a Luiz goal today.

It could be gout.

yes, it does.

I was delighted to see DL so comfortable against Man City, second half particularly.

as you say, they all look better.

I think SG will turn DL in to a top player.

Edited by TRO

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Also the boy is getting laid at the moment, and he will be feeling much more settled and have a bit more of a swagger. You can see this is a man who is in a good place at the moment.

This is so true... I would be asking each player on a weekly basis how how their love life is. Crap and your on the bench, if your in a honeymoon stage....eye eye geeza, welcome to the starting 11!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

This is so true... I would be asking each player on a weekly basis how how their love life is. Crap and your on the bench, if your in a honeymoon stage....eye eye geeza, welcome to the starting 11!

I remember back in the day, about 15 years ago, turning up for a game off about 3 hours sleep, probably still drunk. Was very much in love with my new girl. Played a blinder in centre mid, Zidane esque on the ball, Makelele off the ball. We lost 2-1 but I got MOTM. (This is 100% genuine true story btw.)

I saw the same look in Dougie’s eyes. He’s on fire. We need to pay her whatever it takes to keep him this happy. May his hair continue to shine a light towards victory.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I remember back in the day, about 15 years ago, turning up for a game off about 3 hours sleep, probably still drunk. Was very much in love with my new girl. Played a blinder in centre mid, Zidane esque on the ball, Makelele off the ball. We lost 2-1 but I got MOTM. (This is 100% genuine true story btw.)

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Poor today by his recent standards, and very lucky (again) not to throw the game for us with that near penalty.

As I keep saying, the man's a liability. I think Sanson will edge him out of the starting lineups in the near future.

Edited by BigJim

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He was below par today, although not awful. Obviously through the honeymoon phase now, looking a bit shagged out.

Literally shagged out 😜

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I saw the same look in Dougie’s eyes. He’s on fire. We need to pay her whatever it takes to keep him this happy. May his hair continue to shine a light towards victory.

I believe you because I did exactly the same 😂. Had my GF at the time drive me to a game after an all nighter because I was worried I would be to tired to make the drive back. She slept through the entire 90 minutes and missed my game winning goal.  Good times.

• Thanks 1

Â