Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Slight shine to the Mings injury but it has absolutely pushed Ezri out of his shell. You can see him growing into the leader this back line needs. Love it! 

Was just about to say this, he's becoming a leader.

Loved his reaction when Ansu Fati kicked him, brilliant!

• Like 1

He's always been labelled as underrated but I think he actually is more so now despite playing at his best ever level and getting more credit from the wider football public than previously, that's just how good he's actually playing right now. He's gone from a solid defender that probably played within himself too much to now being an excellent all-rounder. Funny how it works that he went from looking a bit reliant on Mings' qualities to help him out previously, to in Mings' absence stepping up and filling that void in terms of leadership, organisation etc. I thought in the first half in particular today he was fantastic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Was just about to say this, he's becoming a leader.

Loved his reaction when Ansu Fati kicked him, brilliant!

YES! Ezri was having none of that. Personified the fight the entire team had today. 

• Like 1

Under any other England manager of the last 40 odd years I'd say he was nailed on for a well deserved call up to the next squad. Under the happy to contradict himself every 5 minutes prat we have in charge now I am not very confident. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Rolls-Royce of a central defender

I was arguing with someone on FB who said he was basically rubbish apart from 3 months for Smith. 

But he was a season ticket holder which meant his opinion was fact so…. 

Trying to find this through ball today on video but can’t locate it. It was KDB peak

Konsa was a rock today, he’s improved this season and the new contract has actually inspired his performances rather than what you often see with players when they drop off after signing new deals. 

He deserves an England call up, but to be honest I hate Southgate’s England, so I’d rather he didn’t have to face the indignation of being called up once and then dropped for a Maguire or Coady. Sign for Portugal, Ezri, look at what Cash did. 

Â