Tom Heaton

midian

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I haven't felt so confident in our keeper in so long. Why did Burnley even sell him to us so cheaply

It's a mix of reasons. They have Pope, Hart also. Tom is 33 and also has apparently an outstanding character. With that situation, plus the chance for him to play regularly for Villa, the deal was perfect all round.

On 26/11/2019 at 01:27, Tomaszk said:

Go on then, here's something silly.

I think he's the best Villa keeper ever.

Give me a better one. Nope, lalala, can't hear you.

In my lifetime, it has to be Jimmy Rimmer, Mark Bosnich at the top followed by Big Brad and Nigel Spink.

Heaton hasnt been here long enough to make that sort of claim.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If he had better distribution, he would be incredible. Even just throwing it out quicker to get us moving faster would put him in the top 5 keepers in the league imo.

Considering the outlay we paid for Heaton (£8m), I think we got a great deal, he’s at a great age, Smith’s eye for a bargain is incredible 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Considering the outlay we paid for Heaton (£8m), I think we got a great deal, he’s at a great age, Smith’s eye for a bargain is incredible 

I think Kalinic is the only bad signing Smith has made and he was someone we've been trying to sign for years. Incredible record in the transfer market.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I think Kalinic is the only bad signing Smith has made and he was someone we've been trying to sign for years. Incredible record in the transfer market.

I still don’t think Kalinic should be written off, still a good keeper in my opinion, we paid a lot of money for him, he only played a handful of games for us

Heaton is very good goalkeeper for long time, - last time good form and good goalkeeper, command box - is Big Brad - i glad that they let him go, (even they let Heaton to go after Hart) both even Hart and Heaton want number 1 for England when Pope is Number 1 for Burnley. I am reveal that Villa pick Heaton over Hart.

I hope he stay with us until retired (maybe 5 years time) 3 to 4 Years as number 1 and 2 years for eithier - number 2 or mentor youth.

• Like 2

Â