Matt Targett

villan-scott

if he wants out and gerrard is going to have Digne as number 1 anyway then lets get 20 mil or whatever in and allow gerrard to spend it on a player who will be a first team regular. good opportunity for one of the young players to play understudy too or third choice but integrated into squad.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

"Bruno Guimares stops interview to make aston villa transfer demand"...guess which clickbait trash paper has this headline, and guess which player it was Bruno was talking about.

I saw that earlier on the Birmingham dive page. Such poor journalism.

Targett was a good player for us, did well, but we have upgraded. He knows he has no first team future here so is talking up Newcastle in hope of getting a permanent move. Don't see an issue with that. 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Targett was a good player for us, did well, but we have upgraded. He knows he has no first team future here so is talking up Newcastle in hope of getting a permanent move. Don't see an issue with that. 

Agreed.

He's seems to have a weak mentality, and circumstances in the world and at villa led to him going from our best player to our worst. He needed replacing.

He's got a new lease of life, Newcastle is working for him at the moment and he knows his best hope of getting a top half finish next season is going to be at Newcastle. If he doesn't end up there,  he's only going to end up on our bench or at a relegation battling team.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

How's he gonna react when Newcastle sign a £30m left back in the near future?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Who cares?  Probably will get a big signing bonus, short term it works out better for him there, and he could have a career-ending injury at any moment.  I wish him the best and thank him for - without question - putting the effort in every game he played with us.  

Targett was right to move, he's playing well with a coach that actually plays to his players strengths instead of binning them off for a shiny new toy because he's a crap tactician.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

Targett was right to move, he's playing well with a coach that actually plays to his players strengths instead of binning them off for a shiny new toy because he's a crap tactician.

*Le sigh*

24 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Has Targett benefited from having ASM in front of him? He did play better when we had Grealish on the left for us.

Last season he was very good also when grealish was injured so I doubt that was the issue with his drop in performances

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can see Newcastle sending him back, and then signing whichever Left Back we might be after. lol

Thought about this due to Bassey

I suspect that they will too, but we have a very good left back, so we won't be wanting to pay £30m+ for another one, which is what they will have to pay for an upgrade on Matt. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

Won't be our problem ;) 

Â