Matt Targett

villan-scott

If we can get 20m we should let him leave. Young is fine for the rest of the season, and then bringing in a younger back up seems smarter. If we don't sell him now he will just decrease massively in value whilst being rooted to our bench. I feel like these are deals we should make in order to upgrade the squad - sell the fringe players and use the money to upgrade the starting 11. 

We should not sell players like Targett. What is the point of improving our team if we sell our good squad players. The whole point is to both improve the first eleven and to improve the bench with players that actually perform well when called upon.

The thing to remember here is that Targett isn’t going to get many games between now and the end of this the season, unless Digne gets injured. His value therefore isn’t going to increase whilst he’s on the bench.

In addition, the recent comment from Gerrard about fighting for your place was telling. Perhaps he now has a desire to go and doesn’t want to fight for a place? Some players want to feel secure in their position.

I very much doubt we’ll give encouragement for a bid but can certainly see one incoming. We should definitely be looking towards £25m plus at this point, especially if it’s Newcastle. 

£27m+ and he goes. He’s not going to get much game time here and we have young as an ample back up to Digne. I imagine we’ll sign a young left back in the Summer to compete with Digne next season. 

I’d love it if we sold him and put the money towards Phillips or Bissouma. It’s all about strengthening the first team. 

Like others have said, rinse them for every pound. He’s been very, very ordinary when fans have been allowed in stadiums and I’m not sure he’d improve them all that much. 

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

The thing to remember here is that Targett isn’t going to get many games between now and the end of this the season, unless Digne gets injured. His value therefore isn’t going to increase whilst he’s on the bench.

In addition, the recent comment from Gerrard about fighting for your place was telling. Perhaps he now has a desire to go and doesn’t want to fight for a place? Some players want to feel secure in their position.

I very much doubt we’ll give encouragement for a bid but can certainly see one incoming. We should definitely be looking towards £25m plus at this point, especially if it’s Newcastle. 

But what is the point of selling when we have to pay the same for an equally good backup?

• Like 1

I'd probably be interested at £25 mil. We're now getting to the stage of our business plan/transfer strategy that involves selling the players we've developed before repeating the process.

Targett and Luiz are good and worth keeping in the team...but players have their price, especially if it makes us a profit. 

• Like 2

Â