Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wanna start comparing squads, possession and chances creating while you're at it? Gestede would already have more goals than Wes in this side this season. Guaranteed. 

He also was half capable in other aspects of football, which Wesley are pure cancer at. 

I went and checked, Wesley has played just a few hundred minutes less than Gestede had for us in the PL. Gestede 1659 minutes for us, Wesley has played 1290 minutes. Numbers wise, they're not that far from each other, especially considering Gestede had one more goal and assist than Wes had by the end of it and by the rate at which Wes is going, I don't think he'll be doing much worse or better than that amount once he reaches 1659 minutes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I went and checked, Wesley has played just a few hundred minutes less than Gestede had for us in the PL. Gestede 1659 minutes for us, Wesley has played 1290 minutes. Numbers wise, they're not that far from each other, especially considering Gestede had one more goal and assist than Wes had by the end of it and by the rate at which Wes is going, I don't think he'll be doing much worse or better than that amount once he reaches 1659 minutes.

Not surprised. At all. 

You think Wesley would get more than 4 goals in a shit championship team? You have more faith in him than I have. 

Even as a Preston fan I wouldn't want Wesley starting. 

I was thinking this the other week.  If Wes was playing in the championship instead, he'd still be struggling

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You think Wesley would get more than 4 goals in a shit championship team? You have more faith in him than I have. 

Even as a Preston fan I wouldn't want Wesley starting. 

well he got 3 goals in 8 games in Europe last season and has 4 Premier League goals this season 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Not defending him, but I rarely see us pass him the ball in good areas. Maybe he is never in those areas, but we don't see him as the main striker at all. Is this tactical or do the players not trust him.

Grealish seemed to start playing balls between him and Wes in the area shortly after kick off, but not for long.

It seems like Wes rarely makes runs into the area or expects to be played in, which he did in some of our earlier games this season.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Not defending him, but I rarely see us pass him the ball in good areas. Maybe he is never in those areas, but we don't see him as the main striker at all. Is this tactical or do the players not trust him.

It's the PL though so you have to work for those chances. Trez's goal today Wesley could have made something of it, he didn't.  El Ghazi's goal against whoever it was recently, Wesley could have slid on a ball across the goal minutes later. He didn't. It's not that he doesn't have the chances, but he doesn't have the ability (technical or physical) to make anything happen. You can't make a player better than what he is. Unfortunately. 

Very, very poor tonight and yes he's a young guy holding the line in the PL so what do you expect.

He went down too easy and the ball just bounced off him, give him a few years and maybe he'll be decent but it's too much to ask of him at the moment.

The decision to go into this season without a decent backup is pretty bad management and planning!

Just now, Zatman said:

you said he wouldnt get 4 goals in Championship, yet he already has 4 in the Premier League :rolleyes:

Because in a poor championship team he wouldn't. He has Jack Grealish and a fantastic Villa midfield behind him and still looks complete dog shit. 

Wesley can't win a header, take a shot or move past a player to save his life. He rolls on the floor soft as shit and you think he would score more than 4 goals in a league as tough as the championship? Hah.hahaha. 

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Honestly surprised this thread is quite so vicious, maybe it's the loss. That was probably his second or third best game for us.

He managed to control it a few times. Made a few passes that weren't absolutely straight forward. Worked hard I thought as well.

Disastrous signing. Worst striker in the league. Don't think I've seen a worse player for anyone. If Keinan Davis was putting in these performances, declarations would be being made he needs to go out on loan or just isn't a PL player.

The team are getting more and more annoyed with him.

It'll be miraculous if we stay up if we have him up front all season.

Historically speaking ( and not exactly rocket science ) if you are playing a lone striker in this league and he's not scoring goals, you are gonna struggle. Now i don't think spunking a shed load of cash on Maupay was the answer either but i think we are in trouble if we are banking on this guy to come good.

24 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I feel sorry for the guy. He needs help with his off the ball movement for sure. He's tidy enough with it but getting the ball to him is a big, big issue.

Nah don't feel sorry for him, rest of the team has nothing to do with it.

Tammy would have held off 11 men, supplied all our players and simultaneously scored a hattrick in this team tonight...

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ah no, we can't be all wrong. I trust what my eyes see. He can't run channels, his movement and positional play is terrible. 

Because in a poor championship team he wouldn't. He has Jack Grealish and a fantastic Villa midfield behind him and still looks complete dog shit. 

Wesley can't win a header, take a shot or move past a player to save his life. He rolls on the floor soft as shit and you think he would score more than 4 goals in a league as tough as the championship? Hah.hahaha. 

the Championship is a tough league myth with record Championship goalscorer is Ross McCormack and Scott Hogan banged in about 30 goals. Cameron Jerome was also a prolific scorer in that league

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah don't feel sorry for him, rest of the team has nothing to do with it.

Tammy would have held off 11 men, supplied all our players and simultaneously scored a hattrick in this team tonight...

Are you saying we'd have won with Tammy?

Because swap the strikers from those XIs and yes, I agree with you, we'd have won that. A great effort from the whole team tonight.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Are you saying we'd have won with Tammy?

Because swap the strikers from those XIs and yes, I agree with you, we'd have won that. A great effort from the whole team tonight.

we would have drawn with Tammy. But Wes isn't the only issue our starting eleven has.

Â