Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the Championship is a tough league myth with record Championship goalscorer is Ross McCormack and Scott Hogan banged in about 30 goals. Cameron Jerome was also a prolific scorer in that league

And all of those are better strikers than Wesley. Which speaks volumes.  

He simply isn't a footballer.  Can't do anything a footballer is supposed to do. Can't even trap a ball from a throw in. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

And all of those are better strikers than Wesley. Which speaks volumes.  

He simply isn't a footballer.  Can't do anything a footballer is supposed to do. Can't even trap a ball from a throw in. 

what do Hogan and McCormack do that make them superior to Wesley. I know Hogan makes a great run apparently

You should look at videos of McCormack at the same age of Wesley before he became overweight and on the drink. You don't even have to go that far back. He could score, shoot, move, head,  bring the ball forwards and generally look like a professional footballer. Something Wesley doesn't look like. Like I said last match Wes looks exactly like what you'd expect from a random bloke from a pub team.  

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

I reckon we'd be 5th or 6th in the league with Tammy up front so far this season.

Reckon you need to put down the drink. W

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You should look at videos of McCormack at the same age of Wesley before he became overweight and on the drink. You don't even have to go that far back. He could score, shoot, move, head,  bring the ball forwards and generally look like a professional footballer. Something Wesley doesn't look like. Like I said last match Wes looks exactly like what you'd expect from a random bloke from a pub team.  

McCormack in his pomp was good. In the championship. No premier league clubs took a punt on him when he was scoring for fun at Leeds and Fulham. Wesley is useless though, i agree. The sniggering going on in Brugge now !!

He is 6'3 but no good in the air, built like the proverbial brick outhouse but has the most powderpuff shot I have ever seen. He can't dribble and falls over a lot.

I'm not really sure what sort of potential we are expecting to unlock with him.

• Like 1

The main issue is not really Wesley’s obvious inadequacies as a striker; it is the club’s failure to recruit a credible group who can compete for first team striker slots so that the focus us not constantly on one striker who plays week in week out even though he is clearly not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Reckon you need to put down the drink. W

McCormack in his pomp was good. In the championship. No premier league clubs took a punt on him when he was scoring for fun at Leeds and Fulham. Wesley is useless though, i agree. The sniggering going on in Brugge now !!

You really think we wouldn't have an extra 6 points with Abraham in the team? Wesley hasn't had a decent attempt at goal in about 2 months. Last shot I remember him having was the penalty and rebound at Norwich, whenever that was. Maybe I've missed some things but we simply cant afford to carry him anymore. I'd start Kodja or even el ghazi up there next game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

The main issue is not really Wesley’s obvious inadequacies as a striker; it is the club’s failure to recruit a credible group who can compete for first team striker slots so that the focus us not constantly on one striker who plays week in week out even though he is clearly not good enough.

The issue is very much Wesley's inadequacies, just as much as depth. We had to buy 10/11 players with £140m, it was tricky to build a squad in the summer.

If we'd signed a footballer to play up front, we'd be fine. As it is, we signed a Wes and have put ourselves in trouble.

2 minutes ago, poitier said:

He is 6'3 but no good in the air, built like the proverbial brick outhouse but has the most powderpuff shot I have ever seen. He can't dribble and falls over a lot.

I'm not really sure what sort of potential we are expecting to unlock with him.

Even with Abraham last season , he had a mistake or two in him but you'd look at him and say " this guy has got raw talent here " The dummy and pass for Grealish's goal at home to Bolton last season was genuis i thought. But this guy...he's got absolutely nothing. 

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

You seen we are been heavily linked to some Austrian striker. 27. Never played outside Austria. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

You seen we are been heavily linked to some Austrian striker. 27. Never played outside Austria. 

Without seeing him or knowing his name...can he be worse than Wes?

£22m, Christ.

No pace, no ability in the air, can't trap a ball, can't dribble, weak shot.  He's going to have to improve in an awful lot of areas of the game if he's going to be a decent Premier League striker.

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t be silly mate, it’s all Mcginn and Mings fault he can’t control the ball, shoot, head, dribble, run or beat a man eh @JAMAICAN-VILLAN 

😂

As I always say, the truth usually tends to lay somewhere in the middle.

As a matter of fact if you check my post history, just a couple of months ago or less I was saying he should be dropped, fo Davis, then he got injured.

I don't mind constructive and objective criticism, it's the singling out and witch hunt I don't like.

Ming's could have score a 40 yard bicycle kick own goal and some of you would blame Wesley for being too lazy to make a goal line clearance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, villanmac said:

If his name was Richard Walker and played the way he does no f**cker would rate him. 

To be fair I also backed Scott Hogan for much longer than I should have, so iys not an exotic name thing. Lol

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As I always say, the truth usually tends to lay somewhere in the middle.

As a matter of fact if you check my post history, just a couple of months ago or less I was saying he should be dropped, fo Davis, then he got injured.

I don't mind constructive and objective criticism, it's the singling out and witch hunt I don't like.

Ming's could have score a 40 yard bicycle kick own goal and some of you would blame Wesley for being too lazy to make a goal line clearance.

To be fair if you are the lone striker, you cost 22 million and look crap you are gonna come in for the brunt of the criticism. Fans get irate when expensive striker looks crap. Shocking!!

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair I also backed Scott Hogan for much longer than I should have, so iys not an exotic name thing. Lol

But that doesn't help your rep for judging players at all. Hogan is woeful.

Â