Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

The team are getting more and more annoyed with him.

I was gonna suggest this, but I wasn't sure so I dropped it. But it seems at times when we are attacking, that our players are actively avoiding bringing him into play. 

You know if your own team mates find you that shit, then there's no way back. Needs to be replaced in January. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I was gonna suggest this, but I wasn't sure so I dropped it. But it seems at times when we are attacking, that our players are actively avoiding bringing him into play. 

You know if your own team mates find you that shit, then there's no way back. Needs to be replaced in January. 

Nah, they're avoiding him because he's doing the important job of dragging the opposition defenders to him don't you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd easily play Trez as a striker and El Ghazi on the wing. Several reasons for this. While El Ghazi can finish, he is also better in possession, has a better cross and links up better with the team further down the pitch.

Trez also has a pretty decent ability of forcing himself in front of defenders. I think, and I said this months ago, that Trez can do rather well as striker. 

It's an intersting thought.  Trez seems to always have an eye for getting a shot in or making an opening for a shot and would probably link up better with Jack and Ghazi than Wes. 

We'll still win nothing when the ball is pumped up the pitch in the air. But if its played on the ground Trez is faster.  He's much better at chasing down and harrassing defenders too

He's scored one less than Wes whilst playing much less game time

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 2

It’s a concern. He doesn’t seem able to utilise his physique to win many challenges, he doesn’t have any sort of power in his shooting at all, and simply doesn’t look a goal threat in any capacity. For me he drops too deep too often, and if you’re going to do that you have to win a decent percentage of balls. It just feels to me like we are playing with 10 men most of the time. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He scored 5 premier league goals for us  in  a full season. Wes has 4 and its the first week of December. And he has played for Brazil.

Wanna start comparing squads, possession and chances creating while you're at it? Gestede would already have more goals than Wes in this side this season. Guaranteed. 

He also was half capable in other aspects of football, which Wesley are pure cancer at. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He scored 5 premier league goals for us  in  a full season. Wes has 4 and its the first week of December. And he has played for Brazil.

Yes, numbers.

Yeah but have you watched Wes play? He can't control the football.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I feel for the big man, he's struggling, he's not dominating physically, he's not causing trouble with movement, he's not getting into positions for chances, he's not winning things in the air, he's just struggling to get to the pace of it and he's not finding ways to have an impact. He needs a break from the spotlight and a month at Bodymoor with some good coaching. I think he's capable, but he's not playing well, he's not settled and the more we play him the worse he's getting - there's a chance we could break him by playing him more, that he'll never recover his trajectory from this spell if it goes on. 

We desperately need someone else who can play up front. I think with Kodjia what needs to be remembered is that it's not just that he's leaving, he's leaving because he's not good enough for this league - we need somebody to give Wes a break, but Kodjia isn't the answer to the problem, he's part of the problem.- I don't know how much longer Keinan is out for, but his injury comes at a really bad time, and behind those two there's no one.

We need to buy or loan a striker or two in January - for the season, for the team and for Wesley.

You’ve changed your tune 😂

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's how I perceived Abraham to be treating Andre Green on a couple of occasions last season.

Given where the two are now, it kind of makes sense.

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

100%.

It happened with Taylor and it's happening with Wes. You can keep a left back out of attacking play, but it's hard to avoid your central striker.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No, no. You’re mistaken. We all really like our team. We have some really good players. You just think our striker is amazing when he’s really, really bad. 

You’ll see soon, mate. Don’t worry, January will be here soon! 

I think our striker is "Amazing"?

Why, because I choose to see how shit everyone else around him, including "favourites' were and not blame him for an overall horrendous performance from 7 - 9 players?

As if there is no middle ground.

You notice the quality of service and support Tammy and the Chelsea forward line were getting? In combination with us being so turd it looked like a practice match for large portions of the game?

Do you think if Wes was in that Chelsea team tonight he would look better or worse?

Dude is basically playing as a Defensive Mid ffs.

World Class strikers wouldn't get shit out of our team tonight, and other other nights we perform like that.

I don't think Wesley is anything close to amazing, I just also choose to acknowledge his circumstances.

The likes of Ming's, Hourihane and McGinn get a free pass because they are "favourites" ffs.

I've also learnt from our OWN history not to be so quick to write players off.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wanna start comparing squads, possession and chances creating while you're at it? Gestede would already have more goals than Wes in this side this season. Guaranteed. 

He also was half capable in other aspects of football, which Wesley are pure cancer at. 

Gestede has scored 4 goals since leaving us. He really wouldnt

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think our striker is "Amazing"?

Why, because I choose to see how shit everyone else around him, including "favourites' were and not blame him for an overall horrendous performance from 7 - 9 players?

As if there is no middle ground.

You notice the quality of service and support Tammy and the Chelsea forward line were getting? In combination with us being so turd it looked like a practice match for large portions of the game?

Do you think if Wes was in that Chelsea team tonight he would look better or worse?

Dude is basically playing as a Defensive Mid ffs.

World Class strikers wouldn't get shit out of our team tonight, and other other nights we perform like that.

I don't think Wesley is anything close to amazing, I just also choose to acknowledge his circumstances.

The likes of Ming's, Hourihane and McGinn get a free pass because they are "favourites" ffs.

I don’t even know where to begin with this nonsense. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Gestede has scored 4 goals since leaving us. He really wouldnt

You think Wesley would get more than 4 goals in a shit championship team? You have more faith in him than I have. 

Even as a Preston fan I wouldn't want Wesley starting. 

Â