Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This means Sheffield United would be winning the league now if they had Tammy.

Some of the outlandish shit I read online sometimes ffs.

What have Sheffield Utd got to do with anything?

Tammy wouldn't be such a monstrous, farcical step up for them because they've got a few actual footballers available up front.

It's not about Tammy, it's about Wes.

We'd probably have 4/5/6 more points if we had Oliver McBurnie ffs.

Huge black mark on the record of the recruitment team this signing.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Even so, they looked liked they had kicked a football before.

This is vital.

This isn't a player struggling to adapt. Well, it is. But, also, this is a player who can't control or kick the ball.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

What have Sheffield Utd got to do with anything?

Tammy wouldn't be such a monstrous, farcical step up for them because they've got a few actual footballers available up front.

It's not about Tammy, it's about Wes.

We'd probably have 4/5/6 more points if we had Oliver McBurnie ffs.

Huge black mark on the record of the recruitment team this signing.

I'm still scratching my head wondering if people realise it has been a grand total of 15 GAMES.... Lol.

How many games you reckon the scouting and management team watched?

Most of us are Fifa players and armchair fans but declaring black marks on scouting teams after 15 Premier League games ffs. Lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm still scratching my head wondering if people realise it has been a grand total of 15 GAMES.... Lol.

Most of us are Fifa players and armchair fans but declaring black marks on scouting teams after 15 Premier League games ffs. Lol

So if it's 20, 25, 30 games where he still looks woefully inept are we allowed to voice concern then ? 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is this the same thing you said when you were defending Scott Hogan?

It's not Wesley's fault we're one point above the relegation zone, we're one of the best teams in the league for scoring goals by contrast we're one of the worst in the division for conceding goals, that tells it's own story. The reason we don't have more points is because of the defence, both because of the amount of goals they concede and because of how late we concede goals as well. Yet I don't see any of our defender's threads being constantly bumped with people talking about how poor they are, we've conceded two goals or more in nine of our fifteen matches so far, that's where we're dropping points.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, useless said:

It's not Wesley's fault we're one point above the relegation zone, we're one of the best teams in the league for scoring goals by contrast we're one of the worst in the division for conceding goals, that tells it's own story. The reason we don't have more points is because of the defence, both because of the amount of goals they concede and because of how late we concede goals as well. Yet I don't see any of our defender's threads being constantly bumped with people talking about how poor they are, we've conceded two goals or more in nine of our fifteen matches so far, that's where we're dropping points.

First of all, I feel like we're scoring goals in spite of Wesley, not because of him. If we had Tammy or any other decent striker up front, we'd probably be scoring even more goals than we even have right now. 

Secondly, have you read the Mings thread? Look at the amount of people who are starting to shit on him, I should know because I'm one of them.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So if it's 20, 25, 30 games where he still looks woefully inept are we allowed to voice concern then ? 

You can voice concerns anytime you want.

I've seen many a player come here and be hounded out as shit only to return here with other teams and being better than Whatever player we might have "replaced" them with. Some even going on to win Leagues and Cups.

Goes to show that variables, environment, development, playing style, timinh etc just might be a factor, but what do I know.

Point is, we could all be totally wrong one way or the other. I'm not declaring anything with authority, I'm just trying to be objective.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've seen many a player come here and be hounded out as shit only to return here and being better than Whatever player we might have "replaced" them with.

Goes to show that variables, environment, development, playing style etc just might be a factor, but what do I know.

Post is, we could all be totally wrong one way or the other. I'm not declaring anything with authority, I'm just trying to be objective.

Have you ever seen anyone this bad who went on to be good?

I honestly can't think of anyone.

I've yet to see a worse striker this season in the league. I'd swap him for Joelinton (who everyone was laughing at because we dominated Newcastle) in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've seen many a player come here and be hounded out as shit only to return here and being better than Whatever player we might have "replaced" them with.

Goes to show that variables, environment, development, playing style etc just might be a factor, but what do I know.

Post is, we could all be totally wrong one way or the other. I'm not declaring anything with authority, I'm just trying to be objective.

I mean, I've also seen many a player come here, be shit and continue to be shit for the rest of their time here tbh. If your argument is that he may somehow out of nowhere become magically amazing for us, then technically you're not wrong however unlikely it may be, it happens. But people are also allowed to make predictions of how a player will turn out for them as well and I think they can be pretty valid too, especially for someone who's already played quite a lot of minutes of us. Kind of tells you everything that the debate is no longer between whether Wesley is shit or not now because that's not debatable anymore, its between how likely will he remain shit in the future.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Agree with this, Konza looked light a rabbit caught in headlights, targett didn't get near Willian all night and Mings was as bad at times as he was good at others

The front office needs to take the bulk of the blame here. They stood pat with a 22 year old with no experience in English football to lead the line in our first season back in the PL. Horrible mistake that has costs us valuable points. 

• Like 1

Â