RasenBallsport Leipzig (Aug 3)

limpid

2 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

To be fair this is needed, McGinn is being bullied left right and centre.

Oh we'll benefit from it, but Leipzig are playing like it's a bloody cup final, or relegation six pointer.

Just now, MaVilla said:

looks like one of their players is injured, serves em right for being overly aggressive all match.

Their pressure and aggression is perfect for us. It’s exactly the culture shock our players need.  

• Like 2

What I'm seeing is that all of our players are capable of doing good stuff. There's nobody on the pitch who looks useless.

Guilbert has made some big defensive mistakes, but he has lightning pace on the overlap.

El Ghazi is hit and miss, but he's always been like that. Still capable of creating a couple of goalscoring chances a match.

Jota has been a bit quiet, but he has also shown some touches of class in tight areas, and I like the fact he can beat his man on the inside and the outside.

Targett has the positional sense of an old lady in a car park, but he is good on the ball and faster than I expected.

Star performers have been Heaton, Mings, and Engels.

I think Grealish is playing within himself. Has shown a few touches of a class, and I fully expect him to up his levels from next week.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Their pressure and aggression is perfect for us. It’s exactly the culture shock our players need.  

They have stood up to it eh. It has nullified our midfield but we have found ways to create. 

If this level of performance was against Spurs in a weeks time people would be spaffing all over the shop. And rightly so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â