Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I mean quite honestly, I think he's an exceptional talent. So yes I'd pay £30m for him. As I would Tuanzebe or Grealish, so I'm not going to get my arse in my hand because he's a championship player currently. 

He will end up in the Premier League and we will rue the day we missed out, if we do. 

He's been brilliant every time I've seen him. I'll be so excited if we sign him. Leeds fan reaction tells you everything you need to know, it mirrors the Hibs/McGinn reaction.

Not my money, but it is a lot of money. Only area I wonder about with him is challenging for long balls defensively. Can be very useful for centre halves if DM can pitch in and our central midfield is already diminutive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder how much he actually wants a move, to us or anyone. Isn’t he Leeds through and through? 

Might not play with the same passion and vigour anywhere else 

This is my main reservation, moreso than the fee 

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's a valid concern. I suggest we offer him a trial with a view to a possible loan with a pre-agreed fee should we decide to keep him at the end of the season.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's been brilliant every time I've seen him. I'll be so excited if we sign him. Leeds fan reaction tells you everything you need to know, it mirrors the Hibs/McGinn reaction.

Not my money, but it is a lot of money. Only area I wonder about with him is challenging for long balls defensively. Can be very useful for centre halves if DM can pitch in and our central midfield is already diminutive.

I feel like he's good in the air and the stats back it up. 2.6 aerials won per game. Compare to Whelan with 1.2 and it's a massive upgrade.*

I mean basically, he has every single tool you want from a modern ball playing DM.

*Mings won 3.0 per game

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Me too, send it's pretty adamant he doesn't want to leave, but I guess Grealish was in a similar position last year. I just hope he'll play to the same intensity IF we end up buying him

• Like 1

This chat is silly. If he leaves and comes here to play in the Premier League, he will more likely than not give it his all. Leeds fan or not, he's a 23 year old professional footballer. He has a career ahead of him. 

I mean say what you like about Craig Gardner as an example, I never once felt like he was shirking. And that's a far more extreme example. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This chat is silly. If he leaves and comes here to play in the Premier League, he will more likely than not give it his all. Leeds fan or not, he's a 23 year old professional footballer. He has a career ahead of him. 

I mean say what you like about Craig Gardner as an example, I never once felt like he was shirking. And that's a far more extreme example. 

Exactly. What matters is his level of professionalism. Most players don’t play for their dream or boyhood clubs.

• Like 1

After reading the views of fans from other clubs, and the fact that we're desperate for a DM, I think we should just pay what it takes to get him in now.

Grealish McGinn

Phillips

Would be very happy with that line-up in midfield.

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm not sure this will happen as they are just about to be taken over by the PSG owners. Like ours last year,  they will want to make a statement by refusing to sell their best player. Also, like Grealish, he isn't keen to move on from his boyhood club. 

Month old story and Radrizanni not selling majority stake back then. What's changed?

The more I think about this, the more I think this isn't like the Grealish situation last summer, despite what I said last night.

Spurs didn't need Grealish. When we overpriced him, they were happy to step back.

We desperately need a good DM. Leeds will try and bump up the fee, but I don't think it will scare us off.

So I see this one going through, even if it's £5-10m more than we'd like. Phillips is a much safer option than a European DM with no English experience, and this is a position we don't really want to gamble on.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

Â