Aston Villa Premier League Fixtures 19/20 Thread

Demitri_C

I don't think there is a "good" set of fixtures really. You only know in hindsight what is good when the results are done and dusted.

The worst scenario for me is the last 6 games all being longshot victories, chances are those are going to be important to us but having said that a run of bad games at the end should mean the points could already be in the bag.

• Like 1

I vaguely recall it used to be the case that one of the promoted teams used to get us at their place. Certainly Portsmouth 03/04 and Bournemouth come to mind.

So we probably will end up with something like Everton or West Ham at VP

Most important is that we don't have top 6 teams on row. It can harm us a lot. I can't forget our run in Lambert last season. We've been 2nd after game 4 with 10 points including a win at Plop.

We then played Arsenal at home, and Chelsea. Where the circus began. We lost to Spuds and QPR in that run I guess. Our form in the big games affected us badly going into the next easy run. I think we had 2 months without goals. maybe more. If we had a soft fixture by then we might had momentum to win (say if QPR were at home instead of Arsenal), or even losing to Arsenal then having a soft fixture. Not to lose 3 games on row without scoring. That would harm confidence.

No one could take the confidence factor out of football equations. We all saw this season how we've been up just with two runs. We all saw how  that last cheat goal from Tesco Bags affected us in our run, ofcourse with losing Grealish after that game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Fixtures up on website 

95336947-0405-497A-AFCC-06EEE86E6F56.jpeg

ah the annual 'leaked' premiership fixtures, and whoever mocked it up didnt even bother to check that the kick off times and broadcasters for tv games have changed. they're not even trying anymore. but then i guess they dont need to, because so many have lapped it up

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

ah the annual 'leaked' premiership fixtures, and whoever mocked it up didnt even bother to check that the kick off times and broadcasters for tv games have changed. they're not even trying anymore. but then i guess they dont need to, because so many have lapped it up

Yep my mate sent it to me and then after I posted this told me he got it from a leak...ffs!

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Yep my mate sent it to me and then after I posted this told me he got it from a leak...ffs!

lol! who knows, this might be the first genuine leak! i've always been amazed they never have before

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I don't like sky - but thats quality marketing 

40 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yeah at least we know it's notleicester first game. Would have been a hard first game

First game should be against  Aston Brook St Mary's with the first half played as a Rugby match.   They are still top flight aren't they?   That would deffo be on Sky.